Subject: [netlmm] Extending IPv4 mobility to an existing IPv6 ONLY mobility session

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:09:41 -0600

The following text is under section 3.1.2.1., it says:

   o  If there exists a Binding Cache entry that can be associated with
      the request and if it is determined that the request is a re-
      registration request and with the request to extend IPv4 home
      address mobility support to the existing IPv6-only mobility
      session, considerations from Section 3.1.2.2 MUST be applied with
      respect to IPv4 support.

What does this bullet is trying to say? My understanding of the above
text is as follows:
If the LMA receives a PBU re-registration which can be associated with
an existing IPv6 ONLY mobility session BUT it only has IPv4 HoA option,
the LMA should consider this PBU as re-registration to extend (actually
offer/request maybe a more appropriate) IPv4 mobility to the existing
mobility session?

Is my understanding correct?

If yes, which consideration from section 3.1.2.2 is relative to this?

Thanks!

Regards, 
Ahmad 

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm