Subject: Re: [netlmm] Mobile Node Group Identifier option (fwd)

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

Moving this to the list.

Thanks Praveen. The classification of groups can indeed be in
different ways, which we can allow by allowing multiplicity of
option presence and with the use of sub-types.

Sri

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:14:45 -0500
From: MULEY Praveen <[email-masked]>
To: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [netlmm] Mobile Node Group Identifier option

Hey :
     Why can't we extend this indetifier further so that one can use it
on per UE basis in case of 4G. That way you also solve the issue control
plane scaling in normal case as well , where the packets for those
session in case Qos Change or life time can be sent directly to the card
which serves that specific UE.

Thanks,
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Sri Gundavelli
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netlmm] Mobile Node Group Identifier option

We have posted this draft on Mobile Node Group Identifier.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gundavelli-netext-mn-groupid-option-00

Abstract

     This document specifies a new mobility option for use in Proxy
     Binding Update and Proxy Binding Acknowledgement messages.  This
     option can be used by the mobility entities in a Proxy Mobile IPv6
     domain for carrying the group affiliation of a mobile node in any of
     the mobility signaling messages

Along the lines of RFC-4283, which provides a user specific identifier,
this provides the semantics for a binding an identifier to a mobile
node's session, a identifier which has group affiliation.

This extensions can be used in many other applications, such as bulk
re-registration from a given MAG or ability to perform an operation on a
large set of mobile node's, but within a single transaction.

Again, Which ever WG will eventually have charter for this, ignoring
that aspect, please comment on the technicals.

Thanks
Sri

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the feedback.

Sri

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:25:50 -0500
From: MULEY Praveen <[email-masked]>
To: MULEY Praveen <[email-masked]>,
     Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [netlmm] Mobile Node Group Identifier option

I would say a text amounting to  saying any further messaging can
include this option.

Also one of my suggestion suggestion would be to have the group
identifier should be
         0                                                   32
         +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
         +  Sub-Group Address - which can IPV4 address or AS +
         +---------------------------------------------------+
         +  Sub-group Id    which can be just 32 bit counter +
         +---------------------------------------------------+

This solves also syncing issue of the 32 bit space across the line
cards. And space idvision issues.

Thanks,
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: MULEY Praveen
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:15 PM
To: 'Sri Gundavelli'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [netlmm] Mobile Node Group Identifier option

Hey :

Thanks,
Praveen

-----Original Message-----

Abstract

Thanks
Sri