Subject: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GRE Key Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-08.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-04-30

This specification defines a new Mobility Option for allowing the
mobile access gateway and the local mobility anchor to negotiate GRE
(Generic Routing Encapsulation) encapsulation mode and exchange the
downlink and uplink GRE keys which are used for marking the downlink
and uplink traffic that belong to a specific mobility session.  In
addition, the same mobility option can be used to negotiate the GRE
encapsulation mode without exchanging the GRE keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 00:41:10 -0500

Hello Folks,

We submitted a new revision with 2 changes:

1. Minor editorial changes to always use of mobile access gateway and
local mobility anchor for consistency.

2. Demoting the "MUST" to "SHOULD" when requiring the LMA to return the
"same" uplink GRE key that was exchanged in the last successful Proxy
Binding Update. This ensures the case when the LMA needs to generate a
new GRE key due to a case of failure. 

Thanks!

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-08.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network-based Localized Mobility
Management Working Group of the IETF.

This specification defines a new Mobility Option for allowing the mobile
access gateway and the local mobility anchor to negotiate GRE (Generic
Routing Encapsulation) encapsulation mode and exchange the downlink and
uplink GRE keys which are used for marking the downlink and uplink
traffic that belong to a specific mobility session.  In addition, the
same mobility option can be used to negotiate the GRE encapsulation mode
without exchanging the GRE keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-08.t
xt