Subject: [netlmm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 23:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : GRE Key Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : A. Muhanna, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2009-05-05

This specification defines a new Mobility Option for allowing the
mobile access gateway and the local mobility anchor to negotiate GRE
(Generic Routing Encapsulation) encapsulation mode and exchange the
downlink and uplink GRE keys which are used for marking the downlink
and uplink traffic that belong to a specific mobility session.  In
addition, the same mobility option can be used to negotiate the GRE
encapsulation mode without exchanging the GRE keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ahmad Muhanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 01:37:58 -0500

Hello Folks,

We just published a new revision which captures the agreement on the
proposed text.
Please let us know if you have any comments.

> 
> Hello Folks,
> If there is anyone who does NOT agree with the proposed 
> change below, please speak up.
> 
> > > 
> > > May be what we can do is have a general statement which says:
> > > 
> > > "The LMA MUST maintain the same negotiated uplink GRE key for the 
> > > lifetime of the mobility session. However, for
> > administrative reasons,
> > > e.g., LMA reboot, the LMA MAY change the uplink GRE key for
> > some the
> > > mobility session. In that case, some packet loss may be
> > experienced."
> > > 
> > > Then we maintain MUST in all other cases of the text.
> 

Regards,
Ahmad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 1:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network-based Localized Mobility
Management Working Group of the IETF.

This specification defines a new Mobility Option for allowing the mobile
access gateway and the local mobility anchor to negotiate GRE (Generic
Routing Encapsulation) encapsulation mode and exchange the downlink and
uplink GRE keys which are used for marking the downlink and uplink
traffic that belong to a specific mobility session.  In addition, the
same mobility option can be used to negotiate the GRE encapsulation mode
without exchanging the GRE keys.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.t
xt