Subject: [netlmm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib-01]

From: "Glenn M. Keeni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:51:27 +0900

Hi,
  The Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) MIB draft
(draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib-01.txt)
has been posted. We need to have this reviewed by the WG.
An abstract of the PMIPv6-MIB is attached. It is certainly
more readable than the MIB document itself and should help
in understanding the functionalities that wil be supported.
Let us have your comments.

   Glenn

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib-01
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:56:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Glenn Mansfield and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Proxy Mobile IPv6 Management Information Base
Creation_date:	 2009-09-15
WG ID:		 netlmm
Number_of_pages: 61

Abstract:
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB),
the Proxy Mobile-IPv6 MIB, for use with network management protocols
in the Internet community.  In particular, the Proxy Mobile-IPv6 MIB
will be used to monitor and control the mobile access gateway (MAG)
node and the local mobility anchor (LMA) functions of a Proxy Mobile
IPv6 (PMIPv6) entity.

The IETF Secretariat.

Abstract:
   The PMIPv6-MIB allows the network manager to monitor the following
       o capabilities of PMIPv6 entities and status[#1] of the 
         corresponding services.
       o configuration related parameters of PMIPv6 entities[#1]
       o traffic due to PMIPv6 signalling
       o binding related details (at LMA and MAG)
         BC at the LMA ( in conjunction with the MIPv6MIB) [Sec 5.1 #2]
         BL at the MAG ( in conjunction with the MIPv6MIB) [Sec 6.1]
       o binding related statistics (at LMA and MAG)
       o the Proxy Care-of Addresses configured on the egress 
         interfaces of the MAG                             [Sec 2.2, 6.10]
       o the Home Network Prefixes assigned to the MN's connected 
         interfaces                                        [Sec 2, 6.1, 6.2]
       o the mobile node's policy profile at the MAG       [Sec 6.2]
       o the LMA Addresses that are configured on the LMA  [Sec 2.2, 5.6]
       o the list of Home Network Prefixes assigned to the mobile 
         node's connected interfaces                       [Sec 2, 5.1]
       o asynchronous notifications from PMIPv6 entities every time a 
         tunnel, between the LMA and MAG, is established or released.
 
 #1: The parameters can be configured from a management console.
     Configurable Parameters
            pmip6Status
            pmip6MobileNodeGeneratedTimestampInUse
            pmip6FixedMagLinkLocalAddressOnAllAccessLinksType
            pmip6FixedMagLinkLocalAddressOnAllAccessLinks
            pmip6FixedMagLinkLayerAddressOnAllAccessLinks
            pmip6MagEnableMagLocalRouting
            pmip6MagHomeNetworkPrefixLifeTime
            pmip6LmaMinDelayBeforeBCEDelete
            pmip6LmaMaxDelayBeforeNewBCEAssign
            pmip6LmaTimestampValidityWindow
            pmip6LmaHomeNetworkPrefixLifeTime 
     All other objects are read-only.
     The MO names are self-explanatory. For details please refer to the 
     internet-draft at 
              http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-mib-00.txt
    
 #2: The section numbers refer to section numbers in RFC 5213



Design Details of PMIPv6MIB
===========================

   It is assumed that the Proxy Mobile IPv6 Management Information Base
   (PMIPV6-MIB) will always be implemented in conjunction with the
   MOBILEIPV6-MIB [RFC4295] and the ifTable from the IF-MIB [RFC2863].
   The PMIP6-MIB uses the textual conventions defined in the INET-
   ADDRESS-MIB [RFC4001].

   The PMIPV6-MIB is composed of the following groups of definitions:

    - pmip6Core: a generic group containing objects that are common to 
      all the Proxy Mobile IPv6 entities.
    - pmip6Mag: this group models the mobile access gateway service.
      The subgroup pmip6MagConf contains objects which represent the 
      configuration of the mobile access gateway. 
    - pmip6Lma: this group models the local mobility anchor service.
      The subgroup pmip6LmaConf contains objects which represent the 
      configuration of the local mobility anchor. 
    - pmip6Notifications: defines the set of notifications that will be 
      used to asynchronously monitor the Proxy Mobile IPv6 entities.

   The tables contained in the above groups are as follows:
    - pmip6BindingCacheTable         : models the Binding Cache on the
                                       local mobility anchor.
    - pmip6MagProxyCOATable          : models the Proxy Care-of Addresses
                                       configured on the egress interfaces 
                                       of the mobile access gateway.
    - pmip6MagHomeNetworkPrefixTable : contains the Home Network Prefixes
                                       assigned to the mobile node's
                                       connected interfaces.
    - pmip6MagBLTable                : models the Binding Update List (BL) 
                                       that includes Proxy MIPv6 related 
                                       information and is maintained by the 
                                       mobile access gateway.
    - pmip6MagMnProfileTable         : contains the mobile node's policy 
                                       profile that includes the essential 
                                       operational parameters that are 
                                       required by the network entities for
                                       managing the mobile node's mobility 
                                       service.
    - pmip6LmaLMAATable              : contains the LMA Addresses that are 
                                       configured on the local mobility 
                                       anchor. Each LMA Address acts as a
                                       transport endpoint of the tunnel 
                                       between the local mobility anchor and 
                                       the mobile access gateway.
    - pmip6LmaHomeNetworkPrefixTable : contains the list of Home Network 
                                       Prefixes assigned to the mobile node's 
                                       connected interfaces.