Subject: [netlmm] updated draft on requirements imposed by traffic safety applications on network/transport layers

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:00:11 +0000

Hi all

An updated version of an Internet draft has been submitted to the IETF
that describes a number of communication performance requirements that
are imposed by traffic safety applications on a network layer,
see:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-karagiannis-traffic-safety-requirements-01.txt

These traffic safety applications and requirements have been derived by
the USA VSC (Vehicular Safety Communications)and VSC-A
(VSC-Applications) projects and by the European Car to Car Communication
Consortium (C2C-CC) and the ETSI TC ITS standardization body. The goal
of this document is to stimulate the discussion on judging whether these
performance requirements could or could not be supported (currently and
in the future) by IP based network solutions.

The goal of this document is to stimulate the discussion on judging
whether these performance requirements could or could not be supported
(currently and in the future) by IP based network and transport
solutions.

Best regards,
Georgios