Subject: [netlmm] RFC 5847 on Heartbeat Mechanism for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:24:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5847

        Title:      Heartbeat Mechanism for Proxy Mobile 
                    IPv6 
        Author:     V. Devarapalli, Ed.,
                    R. Koodli, Ed.,
                    H. Lim, N. Kant,
                    S. Krishnan, J. Laganier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23317
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netlmm-pmipv6-heartbeat-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5847.txt

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a network-based mobility management
protocol.  The mobility entities involved in the Proxy Mobile IPv6
protocol, the mobile access gateway (MAG) and the local mobility
anchor (LMA), set up tunnels dynamically to manage mobility for a
mobile node within the Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  This document
describes a heartbeat mechanism between the MAG and the LMA to detect
failures, quickly inform peers in the event of a recovery from node
failures, and allow a peer to take appropriate action.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC