Subject: [netlmm] RFC 5845 on Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Key Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5845

        Title:      Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) Key 
                    Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     A. Muhanna, M. Khalil,
                    S. Gundavelli, K. Leung
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56198
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netlmm-grekey-option-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5845.txt

This specification defines a new mobility option for allowing the
mobile access gateway and the local mobility anchor to negotiate
Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) encapsulation mode and exchange
the downlink and uplink GRE keys that are used for marking the
downlink and uplink traffic that belong to a specific mobility
session.  In addition, the same mobility option can be used to
negotiate the GRE encapsulation mode without exchanging the GRE keys.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC