Subject: [netlmm] Document Action: 'LMA Discovery for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:31:30 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LMA Discovery for Proxy Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network-based Localized Mobility Management Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-lma-discovery-08.txt

Technical Summary

   Large Proxy Mobile IPv6 deployments would benefit from a
   functionality, where a Mobile Access Gateway could dynamically
   discover a Local Mobility Anchor for a Mobile Node attaching to a
   Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain.  The purpose of the dynamic discovery
   functionality is to reduce the amount of static configuration in the
   Mobile Access Gateway.  This document describes several possible
   dynamic Local Mobility Anchor discovery solutions.

Working Group Summary

   According to the working group chairs, this document is
   ready to advance and has the backing of the working group's
   consensus in September 2010. During the process there have
   been a few bitter discussions about what the document should
   include, however. 

Document Quality

   This document has been reviewed by the WG.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Vidya Narayanan and the responsible
   AD is Jari Arkko.