Subject: [Netmod-ver-dt] Netmod Ver DT - Meeting Agenda 6th June

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 14:24:28 +0100

Hi,

I've just resent the Webex Invite because some folks had it in the wrong 
timeslot, hopefully this should fix it.

My proposed agenda for today's meeting is below, please reply with any 
proposed changes/additions.

1) Agenda bashing (if required) (5 mins)

2) Status of last weeks actions (5 mins)

3) Discussion of open issues: (45 mins)

I think that there are two particular issues that we should try and 
progress and ideally reach agreement on:

(i) Does adding versioning imply that data nodes need to be tracked via 
a triple (module name, path, version) rather than (module name, path)?

At the moment, it seems that Juergen and I have differing views of 
whether anything is changing here, and what the impact is?  Discussing 
and hearing other views on this would be useful to try and resolve this.

(ii) Do we need to solve multiple version selection as part of the 
problem statement and requirements.  One possible solution here could be 
to describe this as "a nice to have" rather than a fixed requirement.

4) Wrap up, actions before next meeting (5 mins)

------------

Webex details:

https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/j.php?MTID=m196086ddc16716f4da6338e481c01246 

Meeting number (access code): 200 574 017
Meeting password: UdTbwvpT (83829878 from phones)

JOIN BY PHONE
+1-866-432-9903 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
+1-408-525-6800 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Global call-in numbers: 
https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=435913767&tollFree=1 

Toll-free dialing restrictions: 
https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf

Thanks,
Rob

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:43:33 +0200

On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 02:24:28PM +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:
> 
> (i) Does adding versioning imply that data nodes need to be tracked via a
> triple (module name, path, version) rather than (module name, path)?
> 
> At the moment, it seems that Juergen and I have differing views of whether
> anything is changing here, and what the impact is?  Discussing and hearing
> other views on this would be useful to try and resolve this.
>

Since I can't join today, here is a little writeup in which I am
trying to document my view on versioning. I might post this writeup
eventually as an individual I-D.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>