Subject: Re: [Netmod-ver-dt] document structure proposal

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 09:45:35 +0200

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 03:50:29PM +0200, Benoit Claise wrote:
> 
> With semver, the promise is that you keep the same object names, so the
> changes to your script should be smaller.
>

Exactly, it is a promise and it may be right or wrong.

> Are you really convinced that there are no issues and we've been spending
> time making up a problem?

Not necessarily - but I like you to get down to the root of the
problem and to get the arguments right and as I said before, I believe
changing the versioning is a very fundamental change; it is not done
by just adding a three digit version number since I believe we really
move from a (module, path) naming system to a (module, path, version)
naming system. (Tell me for example how NACM allows me to have
difference access control rules for a server that implements two
versions of a module.)

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>