Subject: [Netmod-ver-dt] RFC 7950 Sec 11: Module Update Rules - Reordering data defn statements

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:03 +0000

Section 11 of RFC 7950 does not allow re-ordering of data definition
sub-statements as an nbc change.  I'm not convinced that I agree with this
restriction - although I presume that there was a good reason that it 
was added.

    In statements that have any data definition statements as
    substatements, those data definition substatements MUST NOT be
    reordered.  If new data definition statements are added, they can be
    added anywhere in the sequence of existing substatements.

Rob

---

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:51:03 +0000

Obviously, I meant a "bc" change rather than an "nbc" change.

---

From: Joe Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:52:47 -0500

> restriction - although I presume that there was a good reason that it

I think you mean does not all as a bc change?  Was this added to satisfy
XML validity?

Joe

> _______________________________________________
> Netmod-ver-dt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod-ver-dt
>