Subject: Re: [Netmod-ver-dt] Today's meeting

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:52:12 +0000

Hi, Rob,

Thanks for the update. Sorry for late comments.

I still feel confused with the last two paragraph of section 2.2:

“   YANG requires that if two modules have the same revision date then
   they MUST have the same semantic content.  A similar constraint
   applies for YANG semantic version numbers, i.e. two revisions of a
   module that have the same semantic version numbers MUST have the same
   semantic content.

   A module MUST NOT have multiple revision where the version string has
   the same MAJOR, MINOR and PATCH version numbers, but different PATCH
   modifier letter.  E.g., module version "1.2.3M" is not allowed if
   module version "1.2.3" has already been defined.  Neither can there
   be two different revisions of a YANG module with different content
   but the same
”
First, the last paragraph of section 2.2 seems not complete.
Second, I think we should clarify the relation between revision date and semantics version, is it 1 to 1 relationship?
Or A module with on revision date can have more than one semantics version numbers?
I feel the second paragraph target to clarify this, but still not clear very much.

-Qin
发件人: Netmod-ver-dt [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Rob Wilton (rwilton)
发送时间: 2019年3月7日 22:44
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: [Netmod-ver-dt] Today's meeting

The latest version of the draft is attached.  This has the review comments from Balazs, Qin, and Reshad applied to it.

We still need to work on section 4 (Module Update Rules), and section 5 on guidelines.

I can also take other review comments and try and update them over the next day or two.

There are also open issues that we can discuss.

Thanks,
Rob

---

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:36:05 +0000

Hi Qin,

How about replacing those two paragraphs with this:

   The YANG module name and YANG semantic version number uniquely
   identifies the contents of a module.  If two instances of a YANG
   module have the same version then they MUST have the same version
   number and MUST have the same revision date.

   There MUST NOT be multiple versions of a YANG module that have the
   same MAJOR, MINOR and PATCH version numbers, but different patch
   modifier letter.  E.g., module version "1.2.3M" MUST NOT be defined
   if module version "1.2.3" has already been defined.

Does that help clarify?

Thanks,
Rob

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Sent: 10 March 2019 12:52
To: Rob Wilton (rwilton) <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Today's meeting

Hi, Rob,

-Qin
发件人: Netmod-ver-dt [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Rob Wilton (rwilton)
发送时间: 2019年3月7日 22:44
收件人: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
主题: [Netmod-ver-dt] Today's meeting

Thanks,
Rob

---

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:24:27 +0000

Actually, that text is still confusing.  I’ve had another go:

   The YANG module name and YANG semantic version number uniquely
   identifies a revision of a module, with an associated revision date.
   There MUST NOT be multiple instances of a YANG module definition with
   the same module name and YANG semantic version number but different
   content or revision date.

Thanks,
Rob

From: Netmod-ver-dt <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Rob Wilton (rwilton)
Sent: 10 March 2019 13:36
To: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Netmod-ver-dt] Today's meeting

Hi Qin,

Does that help clarify?

Thanks,
Rob

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Sent: 10 March 2019 12:52
To: Rob Wilton (rwilton) <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Today's meeting

Hi, Rob,

-Qin

Thanks,
Rob

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:53:23 +0000

Yes, the proposed changes make a lot of sense,thanks.

________________________________
吴钦 Qin
M：+86-13914734360<tel:+86-13914734360>(Mobile Number)
E：[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

发件人： Rob Wilton (rwilton)
收件人： Qin Wu<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>;netmod-ver-dt<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
主题： RE: Today's meeting
时间： 2019-03-10 21:36:20

Hi Qin,

Does that help clarify?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi, Rob,

-Qin

Thanks,
Rob

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 14:56:55 +0000

Still works for me.

时间： 2019-03-10 22:24:41

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Qin,

Does that help clarify?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi, Rob,

-Qin

Thanks,
Rob