Subject: [Netslices] NEW DEADLINE - Special Issue - Wiley ETT

From: Rafael Pasquini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 11:20:51 -0300

Given the requests, we announce a deadline extension for this special 
issue at Wiley ETT.

The new deadline is 15th of June, 2018.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wiley Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies

Special Issue on
*Network Slicing: trends, research and standardization*
======================================================
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/21613915

The number of Internet accesses is growing exponentially, with an ever 
increasing number of mobile devices for multiple Cyber-Physical Systems 
and Internet-of-Things applications. Network technologies are required 
to independently support billions of devices for wired and wireless 
access and to incorporate new isolated services for Cyber-Physical 
Systems and Internet-of-Things. Network slicing - a specific form of 
virtualization that allows multiple logical networks to run and be 
managed on top of a shared physical network infrastructure - is a new 
approach for improving overall performance and security where 
infrastructures, software and spectrum are combined into a single 
software-based virtual network entity, which then can be offered to 
different parties with an effective cost-benefit ratio. Network slicing 
combines different wired and wireless networks with different access 
technologies and network topologies (infrastructure-based and 
infrastructure-less) which makes the essential requirements on 
convergence, sharing, isolation, security and abstraction difficult to 
achieve. Furthermore, considering the wireless links, wireless networks 
operate in different spectrum bands ranging from MHz to GHz, unlicensed 
and licensed RF bands, and with different geographic coverage (e.g., 
wide, local and personal areas). Thus far, there is no unified and 
universal architecture for wireless network virtualization available for 
commercial networks.
These advances in Computing and Communication Technologies - and their 
applications to different emerging systems, network slicing and 
virtualization - have generated interest from industry, government and 
academia, all trying to explore the same common infrastructure. This 
special issue will bring researchers and practitioners together to 
present the latest developments and technical solutions concerning 
various aspects of advances in network slicing and novel  related 
virtualization technologies. This SI seeks original unpublished 
technical papers focusing on theoretical analysis, emerging 
applications, novel system architecture design and evaluation, 
experimental studies, and standardization.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
•    Network slicing architectures and protocols
•    Network slice control, management and orchestration
•    Network slicing and SDN architectures, operations and protocols
•    Dynamic wired and wireless network virtualization and softwarization
•    Slicing-friendly infrastructure and data plane programmability
•    Mobility management and topology control in network slicing
•    Network slicing stitching, inter-slicing
•    Analytics for intelligent orchestration of softwarized infrastructures
•    Distributed co-ordination of slice provisioning and multi-domain 
orchestration
•    Network slicing support for ICN, MEC and other architectures
•    Scalability, performance and complexity analysis and evaluation
•    Performance modelling, analysis and optimization of slice-enabled 
networks
•    Self-healing/configuration/optimization of network slicing
•    Self-organizing networks and autonomic communications applied to 
network slicing
•    Network slicing economics and game theory
•    Interference mitigation and awareness for slice isolation
•    Slice-related spectrum-management regulation and policy making
•    Security, trust and privacy issues
•    Applying distributed ledger technologies to support slicing
•    Applications, case studies, and real-world test beds of network slicing
•    Experimental deployments
•    Standardization activities

Submission
===========

Authors are advised to submit their research paper following the ETT 
Paper template. More information available at
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)2161-3915/homepage/ForAuthors.html 

Important Dates
===============
****• **Submission Deadline: **June 1, 2018****June 15, 2018****
•    First Round Authors Notification: September 1, 2018
•    Second Round Authors Notification: November 1, 2018
•    Final Manuscript: November 20, 2018

Guest Editors
•    Rui L. Aguiar, Instituto de Telecomunicações/DETI, Universidade de 
Aveiro, Portugal
•    Seil Jeon, Sungkyunkwan Uniersity, Korea
•    Diego Lopez, Telefonica I+D, Spain
•    Rafael Pasquini, Universidade Federal de Uberlândia, Brazil
•    Danda B. Rawat, Howard University, USA
•    Qi Wang, University of West Scotland, UK