Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-deprecate-rsync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 12:05:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Repository Requirements
        Authors         : Tim Bruijnzeels
                          Randy Bush
                          George Michaelson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-deprecate-rsync-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2020-08-31

Abstract:
   This document formulates a plan of a phased transition to a state
   where RPKI repositories and Relying Party software performing RPKI
   Validation will use the RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)
   [RFC8182] as the only mandatory to implement access protocol.

   In short this plan consists of the following phases.

   In phase 0, today's deployment, RRDP is supported by most, but not
   all Repositories, and most but not all RP software.

   In the proposed phase 1 RRDP will become mandatory to implement for
   Repositories, in addition to rsync.  This phase can start as soon as
   this document is published.

   Once the proposed updates are implemented by all Repositories phase 2
   will start.  In this phase RRDP will become mandatory to implement
   for all RP software, and rsync must no longer be used.

   Measurements will need to be done to help determine when it will be
   safe to transition to the final phase of this plan.  During this
   phase Repositories will no longer be required to provide rsync access
   for RPKI validation purposes.  However, they may still provide rsync
   access for direct access to files for other purposes, if desired, at
   a best effort basis.

   Although this document currently includes descriptions and updates to
   RFCs for each of these phases, we may find that it will be beneficial
   to have separate documents for the plan, and each phase, so that it
   might be more clear to all when the updates to RFCs take effect.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-deprecate-rsync/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-deprecate-rsync-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-deprecate-rsync-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/