Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-bfd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 12:28:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) in Segment Routing Networks Using MPLS Dataplane
        Authors         : Greg Mirsky
                          Jeff  Tantsura
                          Ilya Varlashkin
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Jiang Wenying
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-bfd-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-09-22

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) architecture leverages the paradigm of source
   routing.  It can be realized in the Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) network without any change to the data plane.  A segment is
   encoded as an MPLS label, and an ordered list of segments is encoded
   as a stack of labels.  Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) is
   expected to monitor any existing path between systems.  This document
   defines how to use Label Switched Path Ping to bootstrap a BFD
   session, control an SR Policy in the reverse direction of the SR-MPLS
   tunnel, and applicability of BFD Demand mode in the SR-MPLS domain.
   Also, the document describes the use of BFD Echo with BFD Control
   packet payload.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-bfd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-bfd-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-bfd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/