Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cbor-time-tag-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 09:03:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Time, Duration, and Period
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Ben Gamari
                          Henk Birkholz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cbor-time-tag-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-05-19

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 8949) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   In CBOR, one point of extensibility is the definition of CBOR tags.
   RFC 8949 defines two tags for time: CBOR tag 0 (RFC3339 time as a
   string) and tag 1 (Posix time as int or float).  Since then,
   additional requirements have become known.  The present document
   defines a CBOR tag for time that allows a more elaborate
   representation of time, as well as related CBOR tags for duration and
   time period.  It is intended as the reference document for the IANA
   registration of the CBOR tags defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-time-tag/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cbor-time-tag-00.html

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/