Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-3810bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:11:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) for IPv6
        Author          : Brian Haberman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-3810bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2021-09-28

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 2710, and it specifies Version 2 of the
   Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (MLDv2).  MLD is used by an
   IPv6 router to discover the presence of multicast listeners on
   directly attached links, and to discover which multicast addresses
   are of interest to those neighboring nodes.  MLDv2 is designed to be
   interoperable with MLDv1.  MLDv2 adds the ability for a node to
   report interest in listening to packets with a particular multicast
   address only from specific source addresses or from all sources
   except for specific source addresses.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3810.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-3810bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-3810bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/