Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 12:11:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Limits on Sending and Processing IPv6 Extension Headers
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2022-01-31

Abstract:
   This specification defines various limits that may be applied to
   receiving, sending, and otherwise processing packets that contain
   IPv6 extension headers.  The need for such limits is pragmatic to
   facilitate interoperability amongst hosts and routers in the presence
   of extension headers and thereby increasing the feasibility of
   deployment of extension headers.  The limits described here establish
   the minimum baseline of support for use of extension headers in the
   Internet.  If it is known that all communicating parties for a
   particular commumication, including end hosts and any intermediate
   nodes in the path, are capable of supporting more than the baseline
   then these default limits may be freely exceeded.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-eh-limits-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts