Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:50:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for L2 Flow Specification
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2022-01-18

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
   of selecting paths through a traffic engineering network.  These
   paths may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may
   be unsolicited requests issued by the PCE to network elements.  Both
   approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey the
   details of the computed path.

   Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
   Specifications".  RFC 8955 defines the Flow Specification and
   describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
   traffic flows.  RFC 8955 also defines how Flow Specifications may be
   distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
   with routes.

   RFC XXXX specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
   dissemination of Flow Specifications.  This allows a PCE to indicate
   what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

   The extensions defined in this document extends the support for
   Ethernet Layer 2 (L2) and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN)
   traffic filtering rules either by themselves or in conjunction with
   L3 flowspecs.

   RFC Editor Note: Please replace XXXX in the Abstract with the RFC
   number assigned to draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec when it is published.
   Please remove this note.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-l2-flowspec-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts