Subject: [New-wg-docs] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-ebgp-dmz-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 07:51:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Cumulative DMZ Link Bandwidth and load-balancing
        Authors         : Satya Ranjan Mohanty
                          Arie Vayner
                          Akshay Gattani
                          Ajay Kini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-ebgp-dmz-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2022-02-24

Abstract:
   The DMZ Link Bandwidth draft provides a way to load-balance traffic
   to a destination (which is in a different AS than the source) which
   is reachable via more than one path.  Typically, the link bandwidth
   (either configured on the link of the EBGP egress interface or set
   via a policy) is encoded in an extended community and then sent to
   the IBGP peer which employs multi-path.  The link-bandwidth value is
   then extracted from the path extended community and is used as a
   weight in the FIB, which does the load-balancing.  This draft extends
   the usage of the DMZ link bandwidth to another setting where the
   ingress BGP speaker requires knowledge of the cumulative bandwidth
   while doing the load-balancing.  The draft also proposes neighbor-
   level knobs to enable the link bandwidth extended community to be
   regenerated and then advertised to EBGP peers to override the default
   behavior of not advertising optional non-transitive attributes to
   EBGP peers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-ebgp-dmz/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-ebgp-dmz-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts