Subject: [Newsclips] IETF SYN-ACK Newspack 2022-01-31

From: "David Goldstein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 14:30:41 +1100

The IETF SYN-ACK Newspack collects IETF-related items from a variety of news outlets and other online publications. They do not represent the views of the IETF and are not checked for factual accuracy.

**********************

IETF IN THE NEWS

**********************

IAB 2022-2023 Appointments Announced by NomCom

On 24 January 2022, the NomCom the announced the selection of the IAB slate whose terms will start at IETF 113 in March 2022. The selected candidates for the IAB are:

< <https://www.iab.org/2022/01/25/iab-2022-2023-appointments-announced-by-nomcom/> https://www.iab.org/2022/01/25/iab-2022-2023-appointments-announced-by-nomcom/>

Mesh networks and semantic routing

Two stories interested me this week in Hacker News and the IETF Internet draft announcement list. Both are about the modern Internet, addressing, and the divergence from the normal models of networking in use. One explores the idea of decentralized ‘mesh’ networking, in a system called Yggdrasil. The other builds on a concept I touched on at the end of last year discussing IPv6 addressing.

< <https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/27/mesh-networks-and-semantic-routing/> https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/27/mesh-networks-and-semantic-routing/>

SIP Forum Announces Dates for SIPNOC 2022

The SIP Forum announced today that due to the continuing Coronavirus Pandemic, it will once again produce a virtual version of its acclaimed SIPNOC conference – SIPNOC 2022 – which will feature a comprehensive webinar series focusing on the challenges and opportunities related to the deployment of the STIR/SHAKEN Call Authentication Framework. ... Developed jointly by the SIP Forum and ATIS (the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions) to efficiently implement the IETF's STIR (for Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) standard, SHAKEN (for Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) defines a mechanism to verify the calling number and specifies how it will be transported across communications networks.

< <https://www.sipforum.org/2022/01/sip-forum-announces-dates-for-sipnoc-2022/> https://www.sipforum.org/2022/01/sip-forum-announces-dates-for-sipnoc-2022/>

Months Past U.S. STIR/SHAKEN Deadline, Other Nations Join The Party

... Developed by the IETF and co-authored by our company, Neustar, STIR was designed as a universal standard to deploy in any country to help authenticate calls. SHAKEN, meanwhile, was built with key contributions from Neustar to meet U.S.-based governance issues related to how the STIR standard should be deployed and managed. Another way to distinguish between the two is that STIR focuses on the “what” while SHAKEN focuses on the “how.”

< <https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/01/28/months-past-us-stirshaken-deadline-other-nations-join-the-party/> https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/01/28/months-past-us-stirshaken-deadline-other-nations-join-the-party/>

5 key observability trends for 2022: In the coming year, organizations will seek to simplify, optimize, and consolidate observability through a mix of new tools and practices.

... The open source community created Kubernetes (and, essentially, the entire concept of “cloud native”). This same community is now delivering open source tools and standards to monitor these environments. New open standards like OpenMetrics and OpenTelemetry will mature, becoming de facto industry standards in the process. In fact, OpenMetrics may be adopted this coming year as a formal standard by IETF, the premier internet standards organization. The rise of open source tools not only provides companies with additional options for enabling observability, but also prevents the vendor lock-in that has historically plagued some corners of the IT industry.

< <https://www.infoworld.com/article/3648053/5-key-observability-trends-for-2022.html> https://www.infoworld.com/article/3648053/5-key-observability-trends-for-2022.html>

5 principali tendenze di osservabilità per il 2022: Quest’anno le organizzazioni cercheranno di semplificare, ottimizzare e consolidare l'osservabilità attraverso un mix di nuovi strumenti e nuove pratiche. [5 key observability trends for 2022: In the coming year, organizations will seek to simplify, optimize, and consolidate observability through a mix of new tools and practices.]

... La comunità open source ha creato Kubernetes (e, essenzialmente, l’intero concetto di “cloud native”). La stessa comunità ora fornisce strumenti e standard open source per monitorare questi ambienti. Nuovi standard aperti come OpenMetrics e OpenTelemetry matureranno diventando standard di settore. Non a caso OpenMetrics potrebbe essere adottato già quest’anno come standard formale da IETF, la principale organizzazione di standard Internet. L’ascesa degli strumenti open source non solo offre alle aziende opzioni aggiuntive per consentire l’osservabilità, ma impedisce anche il lock-in dei fornitori che storicamente ha afflitto alcuni reparti del settore IT.

< <https://www.cwi.it/big-data/big-data-analytics/5-principali-tendenze-di-osservabilita-per-il-2022-143349> https://www.cwi.it/big-data/big-data-analytics/5-principali-tendenze-di-osservabilita-per-il-2022-143349>

Zip Bomb: l’attacco hacker esplosivo [Zip Bomb: the explosive hacker attack]

... Tra i vari algoritmi a disposizione, quello più utilizzato per questa compressione è sicuramente il DEFLATE descritto dalla raccomandazione IETF RFC 1951 e disponibile sia in librerie che in tools di compressione per vari linguaggi di programmazione.

< <https://sicurezza.net/cyber-security/zip-bomb-attacco-hacker-esplosivo> https://sicurezza.net/cyber-security/zip-bomb-attacco-hacker-esplosivo>

Blockchain – A criptografia em alta escala – Por João Luis Gregorio e Silva [Blockchain - Large-scale encryption - By João Luis Gregorio e Silva]

... Estes incluem o Instituto Nacional de Padrões e Tecnologia (NIST), o Comitê Europeu de Padronização Eletrotécnica (CENELEC), o Instituto de Engenheiros Elétricos e Eletrônicos (IEEE), a Organização para a Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS), e alguns participantes individuais na IETF.

< <https://jornaldecaruaru.com.br/2022/01/blockchain-a-criptografia-em-alta-escala-por-joao-luis-gregorio-e-silva/> https://jornaldecaruaru.com.br/2022/01/blockchain-a-criptografia-em-alta-escala-por-joao-luis-gregorio-e-silva/>

福州大学成功入选IPv6技术创新和融合应用综合试点项目 [Fuzhou University was successfully selected as a comprehensive pilot project for IPv6 technology innovation and convergence applications]

IPv6是互联网工程任务组（IETF）设计的用于替代IPv4的下一代IP协议，不仅能解决网络地址资源数量的问题，而且也解决了除计算机外越来越多设备接入互联网的需求问题，更是解决了网络安全的问题。

< <https://news.sina.com.cn/c/2022-01-24/doc-ikyamrmz7173690.shtml> https://news.sina.com.cn/c/2022-01-24/doc-ikyamrmz7173690.shtml>

你知道tcp和udp有什么区别吗 快来看一下吧 [Do you know the difference between tcp and udp? Let's take a look]

... TCP协议全称是传输控制协议是一种面向连接的、可靠的、基于字节流的传输层通信协议，由 IETF 的RFC 793定义。TCP 是面向连接的、可靠的流协议。流就是指不间断的数据结构，你可以把它想象成排水管中的水流。

< <http://roll.shbear.com/roll/2022/0129/15414.html> http://roll.shbear.com/roll/2022/0129/15414.html>

АО "СО ЕЭС" переходит на MPLS-TP [JSC "SO UES" switches to MPLS-TP]

... Инженерный совет Интернета (IETF) и Международный Союз Электросвязи (ITU-T) подготовили необходимую документальную базу по технологии MPLS-TP. Технология MPLS-TP позиционируется данными организациями как наиболее подходящий вариант для перевода трафика сервисов точка-точка (например, выделенных цифровых каналов E1 и Ethernet VLL) в процессе их развития с транспортных сетей с временным разделением каналов на пакетные транспортные сети на базе MPLS.

< <https://www.comnews.ru/content/218409/2022-01-25/2022-w04/ao-so-ees-perekhodit-mpls-tp> https://www.comnews.ru/content/218409/2022-01-25/2022-w04/ao-so-ees-perekhodit-mpls-tp>

**********************

SECURITY & PRIVACY

**********************

The State of RPKI as We Enter 2022

Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) is a method to secure internet routing traffic by cryptographically verifying routes. As we begin 2022, we look back at 2021 and see how the year saw another significant step towards its adoption. High-profile issues with the old trust-based model of Border Gateway Protocol, designed several decades ago, have shown the continued importance of protecting popular networks from mistakes or hackers.

< <https://circleid.com/posts/20220127-the-state-of-rpki-as-we-enter-2022> https://circleid.com/posts/20220127-the-state-of-rpki-as-we-enter-2022>

us: CISA Launches Tribal Affairs Webpage

As a Nation, we are experiencing increased threats to our critical infrastructure across the private sector and federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial governments.

< <https://www.cisa.gov/blog/2022/01/27/cisa-launches-tribal-affairs-webpage> https://www.cisa.gov/blog/2022/01/27/cisa-launches-tribal-affairs-webpage>

Cybersecurity Experts Share Their Predictions for 2022

The year 2021 raised many major cybersecurity concerns including the rise in ransomware attacks, phishing scams, and data breaches. Many organizations have embraced a fully remote or hybrid work model which has led to an increase in security risks. In addition, there is a skills gap as 82% of employers have reported a shortage of cybersecurity skills in the workplace.

< <https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/cybersecurity-experts/> https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/cybersecurity-experts/>

How to Protect All Five Stages of the IoT Security Lifecycle

The dependency on IoT devices to enable business, capture data, and facilitate communication is pervasive and continuing to evolve. While some of the most striking benefits of IoT revolve around business process efficiency, productivity, and cost reduction, an increasing number of enterprises are also recognizing IoT as an extraordinary source of intelligence with the ability to surface patterns or trends within the information collected by these devices. Insights derived from IoT-generated data are proving to be invaluable to business decision-makers.

< <https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/how-to-protects-the-iot-security-lifecycle/> https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/how-to-protects-the-iot-security-lifecycle/>

Protecting Critical Infrastructure Against Cyberattacks

Cyberattacks in any industry cause multiple forms of damage. But attacks on public infrastructure—such as transportation systems and public utilities—can cause wholesale disruptions in daily life or threaten public safety. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and its subsidiary Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), administer the National Infrastructure Protection Plan to protect all sectors of “critical infrastructure” of fundamental concern for vulnerability and resiliency.

< <https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/protecting-critical-infrastructure/> https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/protecting-critical-infrastructure/>

Our Cyber Defenses Need to Be Battle-Tested to Withstand Future Threats

Just a few weeks ago, the FBI released a statement confirming that their server was hacked over the weekend, resulting in thousands of spam emails warning of a fake cyberattack that were sent to individuals and companies nationwide. In the statement released to address the incident, the bureau clarified that the attack did not compromise their system or allow an outsider to gain access to their data.

< <https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/our-cyber-defenses/> https://www.cyberdefensemagazine.com/our-cyber-defenses/>

Cyberstability Paper Series: New Conditions and Constellations in Cyber

The Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace (GCSC) and The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies are pleased to launch the edited volume of the first Cyberstability Paper Series.

< <https://cyberstability.org/news/cyberstability-paper-series-new-conditions-and-constellations-in-cyber/> https://cyberstability.org/news/cyberstability-paper-series-new-conditions-and-constellations-in-cyber/>

Microsoft fends off record-breaking 3.47Tbps DDoS attack

... The company's Azure DDoS Protection team said that in November, it fended off what industry experts say is likely the biggest distributed denial-of-service attack ever: a torrent of junk data with a throughput of 3.47 terabits per second. The record DDoS came from more than 10,000 sources located in at least 10 countries around the world.

< <https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/01/microsoft-fends-off-record-breaking-3-47-tbps-ddos-attack/> https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/01/microsoft-fends-off-record-breaking-3-47-tbps-ddos-attack/>

Azure DDoS Protection—2021 Q3 and Q4 DDoS attack trends

In the second half of 2021, the world experienced an unprecedented level of Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) activity in both complexity and frequency. The gaming industry was perhaps the hardest hit, with DDoS attacks disrupting gameplay of Blizzard games, Titanfall, Escape from Tarkov, Dead by Daylight, and Final Fantasy 14 among many others. VoIP service providers such as Bandwidth.com, VoIP Unlimited, and VoIP.ms suffered outages following ransom DDoS attacks. In India, we saw a 30-fold increase of DDoS attacks during the nation’s festive season in October with multiple broadband providers targeted, which shows that the holidays are indeed an attractive time for cybercriminals. As we highlighted in the 2021 Microsoft Digital Defense Report, the availability of DDoS for-hire services as well as the cheap costs—at only approximately $300 USD per month—make it extremely easy for anyone to conduct targeted DDoS attacks.
< <https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/azure-ddos-protection-2021-q3-and-q4-ddos-attack-trends/> https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/blog/azure-ddos-protection-2021-q3-and-q4-ddos-attack-trends/>

Dutch Security Report Portal promotes cyber-resilience

In recent years, the importance of a secure and stable internet infrastructure has become increasingly clear. While our dependence on the internet continues to grow, vulnerabilities and abuses are increasingly common – in the Netherlands, as elsewhere. Examples include phishing, DDoS attacks and serious software security flaws.

< <https://www.sidn.nl/en/news-and-blogs/dutch-security-report-portal-promotes-cyber-resilience> https://www.sidn.nl/en/news-and-blogs/dutch-security-report-portal-promotes-cyber-resilience>

nl: Reducing the economic impact of DDoS attacks through anti-DDoS coalitions

An anti-DDoS coalition is a group of organisations that aims to jointly increase the availability of their services by fighting DDoS attacks on a collaborative basis. In this blog, we will briefly discuss the economic benefits for coalition members, such as those participating in the Dutch Anti-DDoS Coalition. We point readers to this blog for more details on the key activities of an anti-DDoS coalition (joint large-scale DDoS drills, automatic sharing of the metadata of DDoS attacks, and knowledge exchange).

< <https://www.sidnlabs.nl/en/news-and-blogs/reducing-the-economic-impact-of-ddos-attacks-through-anti-ddos-coalitions> https://www.sidnlabs.nl/en/news-and-blogs/reducing-the-economic-impact-of-ddos-attacks-through-anti-ddos-coalitions>

Why network visibility must be the foundation of Zero Trust architecture by Gigamon A/NZ manager, George Tsoukas.

In May 2021, U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14028 on improving the nation’s cybersecurity was issued, directing federal agencies to transition to a Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) as they modernise and move to cloud services.

< <https://securitybrief.com.au/story/why-network-visibility-must-be-the-foundation-of-zero-trust-architecture> https://securitybrief.com.au/story/why-network-visibility-must-be-the-foundation-of-zero-trust-architecture>

**********************

INTERNET OF THINGS

**********************

International Conference on AI in Work, Innovation, Productivity and Skills: 21 - 25 February 2022

Artificial intelligence is transforming the way we think, learn, work, and behave every day. Advances in computing power and access to data continue to enhance the capacity of AI technologies, drive innovation in products, services, and supply chains to generate productivity gains, and lower costs. The 2022 International Conference on AI in Work, Innovation, Productivity, and Skills will present leading voices from the technical, policy, business, academic and civil society communities who will discuss insights on the adoption of AI in firms and the workplace, ethics of its use, and implications on skills, business dynamics, and productivity.

< <https://oecd-events.org/2022-ai-wips> https://oecd-events.org/2022-ai-wips>

Internet of Things is the backbone of digitalization for oil and gas

Oil and gas (O&G) companies can no longer afford to ignore digitalization, says GlobalData, which notes that any O&G company that doesn’t start to modernize now risks going under. The leading data and analytics company highlights Internet of Things (IoT) technologies such as digital twins have the potential to be the backbone of digitalization in the energy sector.

< <https://www.naturalgasworld.com/internet-of-things-is-the-backbone-of-digitalization-for-oil-and-gas-95717> https://www.naturalgasworld.com/internet-of-things-is-the-backbone-of-digitalization-for-oil-and-gas-95717>

The Role of Private Networks in Securing IPv4 vs. IPv6 IoT Deployments

IPv4 is the fourth generation of Internet Protocol. Since 1983, it has been the primary network layer protocol used to power the internet and other packet-switched networks. Its defining characteristic is its use of 32-bit addresses (Example: 192.0.2.38) that allow devices to connect to the internet by sending data to and receiving data from websites, file servers, and other network devices, via their respective individual IP addresses.

< <https://www.iotforall.com/role-of-private-networks-in-securing-ipv4-vs-ipv6-deployments> https://www.iotforall.com/role-of-private-networks-in-securing-ipv4-vs-ipv6-deployments>

**********************

NEW TRANSPORT PROTOCOLS

**********************

2.6 million addresses support QUIC

Introduced by Google in 2013, QUIC was finally standardized (RFC 9000) by the IETF as a ‘secure general-purpose transport protocol’, and published in May 2021.

< <https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/27/2-6-million-addresses-support-quic/> https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/27/2-6-million-addresses-support-quic/>

Technology Trends for 2022: What O'Reilly Learning Platform Usage Tells Us About Where the Industry Is Headed

... We looked at four specific kinds of data: search queries, questions asked to O’Reilly Answers (an AI engine that has indexed all of O’Reilly’s textual content; more recently, transcripts of video content and content from Pearson have been added to the index), resource usage by title, and resource usage by our topic taxonomy. There are some important biases here. If resources don’t exist, our customers can’t use them. To take one example, at this point, the platform has no content on the QUIC protocol or HTTP/3. Regardless of the level of interest, usage for these topics is going to be zero.

< <https://www.oreilly.com/radar/technology-trends-for-2022/> https://www.oreilly.com/radar/technology-trends-for-2022/>

QUIC」とは? - いまさら聞けないスマートフォン用語 [What is "QUIC"? --Smartphone terminology that I can't hear anymore]

いわゆるインターネットは大きく4つの階層で構成され、そのうちプログラム間のデータ伝送やエラーの検出/回復を担う「トランスポート層」が双方向の通信路を確立します。トランスポート層の通信規約(プロトコル)としては、データの信頼性よりも応答性／リアルタイム性を重視する「UDP」もありますが、データの信頼性を重視する「TCP」が広く用いられています。一般的に「TCP/IP」という場合、そのTCPとIP(トランスポート層より下位のネットワーク層に位置する機器間の通信を担うプロトコル)の組み合わせを指します。

< <https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20220128-smartphone_word/> https://news.mynavi.jp/article/20220128-smartphone_word/>

インターネットの最新技術動向やIIJの最新情報をチェックできる [Check the latest technology trends on the Internet and the latest information on IIJ] 「IIJ Technical WEEK 2021」（DAY 3）

... QUICとはGoogleが開発し、IETFで標準化された汎用トランスポート層の通信プロトコルだ。要はTCPの代替を狙ったプロトコルだと言えるだろう。ChromeからGoogleサーバーへのコネクションで使用される他、Edge、Firefox、SafariなどでもQUICはサポートされている（HTTP/3として）。

< <https://article.auone.jp/detail/1/3/7/37_7_r_20220126_1643180563449904> https://article.auone.jp/detail/1/3/7/37_7_r_20220126_1643180563449904>

**********************

OTHERWISE NOTEWORTHY

**********************

How one agency is reintroducing internet standards to the world

In February 2020, digital design and technology agency Studio 24 was awarded the contract to redesign the website of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). For those unaware, this is the prestigious, international organisation founded by internet inventor Tim Berners-Lee in 1994 that sets the official standards for all things Internet.

< <https://creativepool.com/magazine/features/how-one-agency-is-reintroducing-internet-standards-to-the-world.26501> https://creativepool.com/magazine/features/how-one-agency-is-reintroducing-internet-standards-to-the-world.26501>

Promoting Data Protection by Design: Exploring Techniques

The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) joins the celebrated Data Protection Day by publishing a new report on data protection engineering. January 28th marks the anniversary of the Council of Europe's Convention 108 on the protection of personal information, the first legally binding international law in the field of data protection.

< <https://www.enisa.europa.eu/news/enisa-news/promoting-data-protection-by-design-exploring-techniques> https://www.enisa.europa.eu/news/enisa-news/promoting-data-protection-by-design-exploring-techniques>

Europe’s industrial policy for recursive DNS by Jyoti Panday, Brenden Kuerbis and Milton Mueller

The European Commission’s 2020 Data Strategy is intended “to make the EU a leader in a data-driven society [by] creating a single market for data.” As part of its misguided “digital sovereignty” effort, the plan budgeted an initial 14 million Euro for a recursive European DNS resolver service infrastructure (DNS4EU) (a “European Cloud” was also in the plan, but we won’t cover that here). To justify the need for DNS4EU, the Commission cited cybersecurity, competition, and privacy/data protection.

< <https://www.internetgovernance.org/2022/01/26/the-narrative-european-dns-policy-apple-competition-ukrainian-cyber-incidents-new-igp-paper/> https://www.internetgovernance.org/2022/01/26/the-narrative-european-dns-policy-apple-competition-ukrainian-cyber-incidents-new-igp-paper/>

The Internet Backbone and Privacy Concerns: Interview with the Lead Developer of PKT, Caleb James DeLisle

Over the next decade, digital services are expected to offer new innovations in commerce along with unprecedented accessibility. In parallel with this trend, internet-based services and enhanced network capabilities, such as 5G, are being deployed to increase data throughput. However, alongside this network advancement, the safety of individual information is one area of great concern, including the loss of privacy and the violation of privacy laws, which has culminated in GDPR regulations. As the importance of data privacy has become more widely recognized, the world is looking into the roles and responsibilities of network operators with respect to protecting individual privacy rights online.

< <https://techbullion.com/the-internet-backbone-and-privacy-concerns-interview-with-the-lead-developer-of-pkt-caleb-james-delisle/> https://techbullion.com/the-internet-backbone-and-privacy-concerns-interview-with-the-lead-developer-of-pkt-caleb-james-delisle/>

EU Code Week breaks record for number of activities in 2021 with 78,000 events

The results of the most recent EU Code Week were announced: in 2021, EU Code Week set a new record with more than 78,000 activities organised worldwide.

< <https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/news/eu-code-week-breaks-record-number-activities-2021-78000-events> https://digital-strategy.ec.europa.eu/en/news/eu-code-week-breaks-record-number-activities-2021-78000-events>

New DNS record types to give more information for client applications

We often read that the DNS “translates domain names into IP addresses”. But this is far from being the whole story. The DNS is in fact a general-purpose service, by no means specific to IP addresses. Apart from these addresses, it also allows to retrieve many other types of data, two of which are currently very close to publishing their technical standards: SVCB and HTTPS.

< <https://www.afnic.fr/en/observatory-and-resources/expert-papers/new-dns-record-types-to-give-more-information-for-client-applications/> https://www.afnic.fr/en/observatory-and-resources/expert-papers/new-dns-record-types-to-give-more-information-for-client-applications/>

Hash Code 2022 returns with a new look

Registration is officially open for Hash Code, Google’s team-based programming competition! On February 24, developers around the globe will team up to test their coding skills and have some fun. Whether you’re new to coding or a seasoned expert, there’s something for everyone. Here’s what you can expect from Hash Code 2022:

< <https://blog.google/technology/developers/hash-code-2022-returns-new-look/> https://blog.google/technology/developers/hash-code-2022-returns-new-look/>

Dishing up Krill

Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Certification Authorities (CAs) publish their RPKI related content using a so-called Publication Server, which in turn, makes the ‘publication point’ for this and all other CAs it serves available in an RPKI repository. These repositories are served to Relying Party (RP) software for RPKI validation using rsync and the RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP).

< <https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/28/dishing-up-krill/> https://blog.apnic.net/2022/01/28/dishing-up-krill/>

W3C Web Fonts Working Group honored in 2021 Emmy® Awards

The National Academy of Arts and Sciences has released its 2021 list of Technology & Engineering Emmy® Awards today and we were delighted to discover that the Web Fonts Working Group, along with MPEG, will be honored for standardizing font technology for custom downloadable fonts and typography for web and TV devices.

< <https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/9400> https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/9400>

------

David Goldstein

email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

web:  <http://goldsteinreport.com/> http://goldsteinreport.com/

Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/goldsteinreport> https://twitter.com/goldsteinreport

phone: +61 418 228 605 - mobile; +61 2 9663 3430 - office/home