Subject: [newtrk] Something else for the newtrk charter - IETF work documents

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:29:21 -0800

Hi,

Here is a topic which I believe needs to be in the purview of
newtrk.  I want to raise it in the IESG's review of newtrk for
WG approval (AD hat on) and wanted it to raise it here first
(AD hat off):

  Development of a primary marker to distinguish documents 
  originating from the IETF from those originating from the 
  RFC Editor.  

This issue has many details.  An example of complication 
because they aren't distinct arises from the RFC Editor policy
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.dnpn) allowing
archival Informational RFCs of rejected WG drafts.  Because these
become RFCs alongside the standards, they can be extremely confusing
to the community, as many have commented to me.

This topic seems an important one for the proposed WG.

Sorry for the late proposition.

Allison
.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html