Subject: NFSv4 Bake-off - Oct 19-21

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:20:27 -0500

Sun is pleased to be sponsoring an NFSv4 bake-off to be held at the
Marriott Hotel in Santa Clara, CA.  The bake-off dates are Oct 19-21.
Those attending the bake-off will have the first opportunity to test
NFSv4 interoperability.

Currently, planned participants are: University of Michigan (CITI),
Hummingbird, Network Appliance, and Sun Microsystems.

Details of the event, along with registration info, can be found at
http://www.nfsv4.org/bakeoff

If you have any type of prototype, you are encouraged to attend, test,
make changes, and flesh out problems with the protocol specification.
The following list represents the most obvious areas for testing.  It
is not a requirement to attend that your prototype have these portions
of the protocol implemented.  This list is a suggested starting place.
	Compound Ops
	Basic read/write and directory operations
	File sharing/locking
	File attributes
	Server namespace usage

Though interoperability testing may not take place in all areas, we
will be discussing all parts of the protocol.  If other functionality
areas are of an interest for testing, please send your suggestions to
either the event coordinator, Audrey Van Bellegham ([email-masked]),
or myself.

The last afternoon of this 3 day event is planned as an open meeting
for presenting information about the implementations, the work
accomplished during the bake-off, and issues raised by that work.  All
working group members are welcome to attend these presentations.
Requirements to register for the presentation session can also be
found at the bake-off web site.

Thanks,
Spencer