Subject: Review Request: WebNFS Security Informational RFC

From: Brian Pawlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Because of the experise of this workgroup (NFS Version 4), we were
requested to review the informational RFC describing security
negotiation and WebNFS.

This is not an NFS Version 4 document.

Please review the document and send comments directly to the authors:

	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]
	[email-masked]

by Thursday, October 7, 1999. I'd like to be copied on responses.

Of course, if reviewing the document triggers any comment for 
NFS Version 4 then respond to the alias.

The document is brief. The URL for the document appears below.  This
material was presented Mike Eisler at the Connectathon meeting in
March, and the slides for that talk can be found at:

	http://www.connectathon.org/talks99/hacker.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: "Security Negotiation for WebNFS"
Authors: A. Chiu, M. Eisler, B. Callaghan.

Abstract:

   This document describes a protocol for a WebNFS client [RFC2054] to
   negotiate the desired security mechanism with a WebNFS server
   [RFC2055] before the WebNFS client falls back to the MOUNT v3
   protocol [RFC1813].  This document is provided so that people can
   write compatible implementations.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chiu-network-wnfs-sec-nego-00.txt