Subject: Announcement of the Internet Spatial Location Forum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:17:50 +0200

Dear Colleagues: 

Internet Spatial Location Forum, a discussion list on IP-related 
location issues is now active.

The setting up of the forum is sparked by the huge practical value 
and the unreadiness of the spatial location capability for the 
Internet. The missing capability becomes even more demanded with 
the integration of IP and various network technologies including 
cellular and mobile systems. The forum is thus set up after our 
discussions with the leaders and some other members of IETF. 
It serves as a pre-BOF mailing list for applying a BOF in 47th IETF 
to address those location issues. The detailed description can be 
found at 'http://www-nrc.nokia.com/ip-location'.

Its immediate goals are: (1) Collect the interests, concerns, and 
suggestions on an IP spatial location protocol, (2) Identify the 
further requirements of the location protocol, (3) Seek partners 
and enthusiasts for the joint effort, (4) Invite volunteers for 
their presentations on the location issues, and (5) Prepare the 
BOF charter for the location protocol.

In brief, there is now a well-evaluated concept in its pregnancy. 
Please add your own influences onto its progress.

To subscribe to the list, just email [email-masked]'
with 'subscribe ext-ip-location' in the mail body. To discuss , just 
email the mailing list [email-masked]'. More 
information (detailed forum description, mailing list archive, etc.) 
can be found at the web page 'http://www-nrc.nokia.com/ip-location'.

Thank you for reading this far! Please forward this mail to anyone 
else who may be interested. Please visit the forum's web page and 
contribute by sending email to the mailing list. Thanks again!

Yours truly,

Haitao Tang / Eric Brunner