Subject: Re: kerberos KDC implementations

From: Brent Callaghan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:58:59 -0800 (PST)

Peter Corbett writes:
> I would like to know what kerberos implementations and platforms other
> implementors are using or are planning to use during development.  It
> would be good to have a KDC set up for the next bakeoff, and so if
> anybody is currently using a KDC or plans to use one in the near
> future, I would like to know which one(s) so that we can try it out in
> our lab beforehand.

Hi Peter,

The next v4 bakeoff is at Connectathon, March 1st - 8th:

	http://www.connectathon.org

Good news is that there'll likely be several KDC's there.

I suggest you get in touch with the Kerberos testing coordinator,
Hooshang Dadgari ([email-masked]) for details.

	Brent

---

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 17:44:51 -0500

A number of ISPs have deployed the MIT Kerb-V
KDC at this point; some ISPs are still transitioning
from Kerb-IV however.  I suspect most deployed KDCs
are using the MIT Kerb-V KDC software, though I don't
have measurements.

Ran
[email-masked]