Subject: NFSv4 BakeOff - in Ann Arbor?

From: "William A.(Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 16:05:12 -0400

at connectathon, we were thinking of having a bakeoff in ann arbor, and the 
week of june 18th was suggested.  our next code drop is due june 30th, and 
USENIX, which typically everybody at CITI attends, is june 25.

we are hard pressed for time to get our code relase done by the 30th. 
lipkey/spkm3, acl's and delegation need to be done by then (!).

i suggest the week of july 8th as a good choice. i don't think it conflicts 
with any other conferences. 

this would be a downsized version - not the full serviced bakeoff that we are 
used to (thank you Sun!!).  before we commit, we need to look at the following 
organizational items.

could all interested parties please respond to these questions:

0) monday july 8 - friday july 13 - are these acceptable dates?
1) how many people would attend?
2) how many ip addresses? we can provide an isolated network for testing NFSv4 
with kerberos 5, and a seperate, connected network for outside communication.
3) we can put together a (modest) budget for security, food, etc.

CITI supplies the space and network, but we do not have funding for item #3 - 
we suggest that the budget be split by attending companies.

your thoughts, suggestions?

-->Andy
see
http://www.citi.umich.edu