Subject: Re: UDP retransmission policies

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:08:33 +0200 (CEST)

> Peter,
>   Based on your recent questions, I assume that you are working on an
> NFSv4 implementation.

Yes, I'm working on test suite for NFS4 servers. I'm doing it as a part of
my thesis project. I mentioned this somewhat in a mail on August 28.

>I am curious what environment/platform you are
> using for this.  Would you mind sharing this information?

I have evaluated N4 (http://n-4.sourceforge.net/) and though of using it
as a foundation for my test suite. But for various reasons, I've decided
to write everything in Python instead. Python has a built-in XDR-module
and the source dist even comes with a simple RPC and NFS implementation.

Today I have started writing on "nfs4lib.py". It uses the RPC and XDR
modules, and it will probably be the foundation for my test suite.

I have no previous implementation of programming with NFS, RPC or XDR, but
hopefully I will catch up soon :)

The development is still in early development, but if you have any ideas
or suggestions, please let me know.

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-29 08 61
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping