Subject: Need help please.

From: "Prasad, Sreenivasa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:01:52 +0530

Hi,
	
	I have a query regarding NFS (preferable ver 3 & 4). 

1. Does the NFS support redirecting of a client connection to another
server.  
   If so, how can the administrator control this? (Assume the client is
authorized under multiple servers).

Cheers,

/V.Sreenivasa Prasad.

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:27:42 -0500

> authorized under multiple servers).

Not sure from your question what solution you are looking for but
NFSv4 has a simple mechanism to provide location information for file
system replicas or for the migration of a file system.  You will find
information about that feature in section 6 of RFC3010
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3010.txt)

There are no other NFS protocol mechanism for client redirection.

-- 

- Spencer -