Subject: Callbacks issue needs to be in issues list

From: Brent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:07:40 -0700

There's no mention of the delegation callbacks issue
in the issues list:

  http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/issues.html 

I propose this:

   o Issue 136:

     Delegation callbacks will not work through NATs or firewalls.

     Issue:

       In the SETCLIENTID op the client must notify the server of the
       address and port number of the callback server.  This address
       will not be usable if a Network Address Translator is interposed.
       Nor will it be possible to for the server to establish a TCP
       connection back to the client through a firewall.

     Proposed Solution

       Have the server use the source transport endpoint or re-use
       the TCP connection used by the SETCLIENTID op. Either make
       this behavior mandatory (eliminate cb_clientaddr4) or make
       use of a reverse connection selectable by the client via
       a special r_netid value, e.g. zero.

------------------