Subject: another question on the new .x

From: "Kendrick M. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:06:30 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose that a client has created (using OPEN) an open_owner named "ABC".
It then tries to create (using LOCK) a lock_owner with the same
identifying string "ABC".  Does this:
  (a) succeed, and instantiate a new lock_owner with independent seqid
      sequence,
  (b) succeed, but not instantiate a new lock_owner: rather, the
      old open_owner becomes the holder of the lock, and only one
      seqid sequence is maintained, or
  (c) fail with an error (ERR_INVAL?)

- k

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:35:21 -0500

>   (a) succeed, and instantiate a new lock_owner with independent seqid

This is the right choice.  The open_owner and lock_owner spaces are
separate.

-- 

- Spencer -