Subject: Announce: pynfs

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:19:27 +0200 (CEST)

I'm opening up anonymous access to the CVS repository for "pynfs" now.
Pynfs is (or will be) a collection of NFS4 tools written in Python.
Currently, there are:

rpc.py: An enhanced version of rpc.py distributed with Python.

rpcgen.py: A Python RPC protocol compiler. It generates Python
code from a RPC protocol specification. It constructs classes from all
structs and union definitions.

nfs4lib.py: A NFS4 library for Python. It imports the files generated
by rpcgen.py.

nfs4client.py: Simple NFS4 commandline client.

There will also be a "nfs4st.py", a server test application.

The project is still in early development. rpcgen.py does not handle
recursive data structures, but seems to handle the NFS4 protocol quite
well. nfs4client can only do "cat" and "get".

pynfs is only tested against the CITI Linux implementation (July 2001
release), since this is the only working NFS4 implementation I have access
to. (Is there any other available implementations?)

The pynfs homepage is at http://www.cendio.se/~peter/pynfs/ (ending slash
required).

Feedback is appreciated.

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-29 08 61
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping

---

From: "William A.(Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:39:34 -0400

sounds great! why don't you come to the october bakeoff? 

-->Andy

---

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:49:40 +0200 (CEST)

> sounds great! why don't you come to the october bakeoff?

It would be nice. But it's quite a long way to travel for me, and plane
tickets are not very cheap nowadays, I suppose... Well, I'll think about
it.