Subject: nfsv4shell - a tcl based tool for testing NFSv4 servers

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 22:25:14 -0500

I would like to announce a new SourceForge project for the nfsv4shell.

For those that have not been attending the bakeoffs, the nfsv4shell is
a TCL based tool for the purpose of testing NFSv4 servers.

You will find a little more information at
	http://nfsv4shell.sourceforge.net

This work is currently based on the RFC3010 version of the protocol
and is not yet complete.  Therefore, there are plans to bring it up to
the latest proposed version that I posted and to complete the
functionality.

If you are interested in helping with or following the development
work, please subscribe to the [email-masked]
alias.  This can be done via:
	http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/nfsv4shell-devel

My thanks to Sun and my fellow engineers for making this possible.

Spencer

---

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:36:52 +0200 (CEST)

> I would like to announce a new SourceForge project for the nfsv4shell.

Has anyone managed to compile it under Linux? I've tried and failed. The
problem seems to be that rpcgen (both the Glibc and nfs-utils version)
does not support the hyper XDR type. TI-RPC won't compile either, so I
cannot use that rpcgen version.

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-29 08 61
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 10:20:57 -0500

Right.  This is the first set of changes we need to make.  Kendrick from
Umich did some work at the July bakeoff to get it working on Linux and
I have asked if they can contribute that work.