Subject: RE: open/remove sequence

From: "Sergey Klyushin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 09:21:07 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
    > From: [email-masked]
    > 
    > In reading Sergey's description of windows behavior, it seems
    > to be a good idea to add DENY_REMOVE and REMOVE_ON_CLOSE if
    > the semantics make sense (interesting question is if it
    > prevents actual removal of the file or any of the possibly
    > many hard links?). The Unix/Posix clients are still faced with
    > problems, they don't know at open if they will be wanting
    > a remove on close or have the capability to express DENY_REMOVE.
    > But those problems exist today and after 2+ years of protocol
    > design people are only now wondering if it might be a problem,
    > which to me proves it is not a real industry problem.
    > 
    > 	-David
    > 
Spencer,

will it go to RFC or to issue list or to nowhere ?

Sergey

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:35:01 -0500

> will it go to RFC or to issue list or to nowhere ?

Sergey,
  In my view, this discussion has been a part of Issue 125. So that
issue needs to be resolved before the WG would approve of the revision
to RFC3010.  So it will be resolved but exactly how has not been
fully decided.

-- 

- Spencer -