Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt (fwd)

From: Brian Pawlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 05:23:59 -0700 (PDT)

I have requested that this draft be moved forward for consideration
as a PROPOSED STANDARD to replace RFC 3010.

Spencer made some mechanical changes at the request of one of our area
directors to get it in IETF normal form - tweaks to the Sep 10 submission.

Thanks Spencer!

beepy

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: NFS version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Shepler et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt
	Pages		: 287
	Date		: 2002-10-1
	
This document replaces [RFC3010] as the definition of the NFS version
4 protocol.
NFS version 4 is a distributed filesystem protocol which owes
heritage to NFS protocol versions 2 [RFC1094] and 3 [RFC1813].
Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4 protocol supports
traditional file access while integrating support for file locking
and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for strong security
(and its negotiation), compound operations, client caching, and
internationalization have been added.  Of course, attention has been
applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an Internet
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

[message/External-body is not supported, skipping...]

----- End of forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:03:21 -0500

I should read my mail further down before posting.  Beepy got there
before me. :-o

-- 
Spencer