Subject: [[email-masked]: I-D ACTION:draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt]

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:29:24 -0500

I am forwarding since this is still a personal draft and not being
cross posted to the nfsv4-wg alias.

-- 
Spencer

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:29:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mapping Between NFSv4 and Posix Draft ACLs
	Author(s)	: M. Eriksen
	Filename	: draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2002-10-17
	
The NFS (Network File System) version 4[rfc3010bis] (NFSv4) specifies
a flavor of Access Control Lists (ACLs) that resembles that of
Windows NT's.  ACLs are used to specify fine grained control of
access to file system objects.  An ACL consists of a number of Access
Control Entries (ACEs), each specify some level of access for an
entity; an entity can be a a user, group or a special entity.  The
access level is described using an access mask, which is a bitmask
where each bit describes a level of access, for example read, write
and execute permissions on the file system object.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eriksen-nfsv4-acl-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.