Subject: updated draft including IETF last call and IESG comments

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:03:38 -0600

I have posted a "pre" draft at www.nfsv4.org that includes updates
based on IETF last call and IESG comments.  I will be submitting this
draft by next Monday's deadline and wanted the WG to know of the
impending changes.

The draft is located at:
http://www.nfsv4.org/pre-draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3010bis-05.txt

A summary of changes:

- minor typos
- addition to RENEW operation about security requirements
- Clarification of the internationalization issues and adoption of
  the new stringprep profile framework.  This includes a new section 11
  and changes to the utf8string usage.  A .x file change is included
  but the over-the-wire encoding has not changed.
- TCP is now MUST instead of SHOULD with additional caveats for 
  future change
- Clarification of security model to be used
- Statement about 56bit DES usage and potential for future change
- Clarification of server's responsibility to evaluate access based on ACL

-- 
Spencer