Subject: Re: Design of NLM

From: "Koundinya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:32:14 +0000

--------
Hi,
	Managing NFS and NIS, 2nd Edition is a good back to get the 
basics of NFS and the chapter on Locking is also good. 
Supplementing this with Callaghan's book, I'm glad that NFS is 
now really now de-mystified.

Thank You,

Koundinya
	
>>>>> On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, "Mike" == Mike Eisler wrote:

  Mike> I doubt you'll find a single good description of NLM
  Mike> anywhere, though the pointers given by Robinson and
  Mike> Callaghan are good starts. Also, chapter 11 of my book,
  Mike> Managing NFS and NIS, 2nd Edition, has a discussion of
  Mike> NLM and the status monitor, albeit at a level aimed at
  Mike> sysadmins.

  Mike> Koundinya wrote:

  +> Hi all, I have been making a comparison study of locking in
  +> NFS. I have gone through several archives in the mailing
  +> list.I have also browsed through the specifications of the
  +> NFS v4 but there's not too much given about the NLM. Where
  +> can I find a good description of this.

  +> Thanks for any information.

  +> Koundinya