Subject: [nfsv4] rfc3530 clarification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:34:29 -0400 (EDT)

The first time I read this I assumed that, since it said "in UNIX", that
it was simply FYI, but now that I see it says "must" in it, I'm not so
sure.

   Note that in UNIX, if a file has the MODE4_SGID bit set and no
   MODE4_XGRP bit set, then READ and WRITE must use mandatory file
   locking.

Does this mean that an NFS V4 server should/must obey this convention?

How widely adopted is this tradition?

Thanks in advance for any help, rick
ps: If required, it kind of supersedes my previous email, although an
    attribute that indicates that a file server uses mandatory locking
    for all files, might still be nice?

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Jim Rees <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:33:51 -0400

It's hard for me to believe anyone cares about svid any more, but I suppose
anything's possible.