Subject: [nfsv4] Open claim previous with delegation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:55:20 -0500 (EST)

It isn't clear to me what the semantics of an:
Open Op with Claim_previous and a Delegation type other than Delegate_none
is?

Does this reclaim an
A - Open plus a Delegation for Open?
OR
B - Delegation for Open?

(In other words, what should the first stateid in the reply be and should
 the server expect a Close on that one?)

My original thinking was B, since the client might have done a Close
before the server crashed and would only want the Delegation back.
(Now I'm thinking that that would be difficult for the client if the
 server replies with a Delegation only, but also sets recall True.)

So, is it A or B?

Thanks for any info, rick
ps: Hope you're enjoying your holiday. Up here it's just another week, darn.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Nov 2003 19:35:22 -0500

>>>>> " " == rick  <[email-masked]> writes:

     > It isn't clear to me what the semantics of an: Open Op with
     > Claim_previous and a Delegation type other than Delegate_none
     > is?

     > Does this reclaim an A - Open plus a Delegation for Open?  OR B
     > - Delegation for Open?

     > So, is it A or B?

It has to be A. Else neither the first paragraph on page 97, nor the
description on page 174 of rfc3530 would make any sense...

Cheers,
  Trond