Subject: [nfsv4] Note: new WG status pages provided by ietf site

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:41:25 -0600

There has been an effort to introduce new tools to manage WG work
more effectively.

One result of this is a collection of WG status pages at:
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/

Our working group status page is at:
	http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/

Which includes a list of all WG drafts (including expired drafts).

The really nice thing about these is that there is an autogen'd diff
with the previous draft.  For example, check out:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-02-from-01.diff.html

This is a useful tool for draft authors in that the I-D nits
are also listed (those things that need to be fixed before the
IETF editor would accept).

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:13:37 -0500

At 12:41 PM 2/24/2005, Spencer Shepler wrote:
>http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement/d
>raft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-02-from-01.diff.html
>
>

WOW that is cool! The automated "nits" test is definitely useful to
*this* author. Although, it does seem to catch nits that aren't really
true - those hyphenations are actually hyphenated words, not
line breaks.

BTW, as I mentioned the RPCRDMA draft has a lot of diffs most
of which are due to line reformatting (the previous draft was, in
fact, hyphenated and had the wrong linesizes, etc.). A version
with changebars is available on request.

<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-01-from-00.diff.html>

Tom.