Subject: re: Re: [nfsv4] Lock Stateid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:19:37 -0500 (EST)

> The client can use the lockstateid for any write on the file since it
> represents its file locking state after the lock operation was completed.
> The lockstateid isn't mean to represent a specific range but the state
> of the file locks on the file.  
> 
> As an example of this, the client, having done two LOCK operations
> for a file for disjoint ranges doesn't not have two valid lockstateids.
> It has one valid lockstateid.

I knew that. I just didn't think of it:-)

As a data point...
When my server implements mandatory locking (optionally, based on exported
file system), all it uses the Stateid in Read/Write/Setattr for is to
identify the client, then it looks for conflicting locks held by other
clients.

rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4