Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4.1 proposed (rough) table of contents

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:49:09 -0600

Based on input from the conferences calls I have merged the 4.0 and 4.1
table of contents and have attached it for comment/review.

In case you missed it, the prevailing position is that a NFS4.1
document that is self-contained would be best.  No referring back and
forth to rfc3530 or elsewhere.  This means that the bulk of the 4.0
RFC is picked up and extended with the 4.1 additions.  In my mind, this
also means that the outstanding errata against 3530 is also corrected
and any other lingering warts are also removed.

So, what does this draft table of contents represent?

The addition of these functional items from the current 4.1 draft:
	SECINFO
	Sessions
	Directory Delegations
	Notifications
	pNFS

New atribute definitions from the 4.1 draft 
Implementation id attributes proposal from M. Eisler
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eisler-nfsv4-impid-00.txt

The ACL I-D (in large part) from the Falkner/Week I-D 
to expand the ACL discussion.

The Referrals I-D from Noveck/Burnett to 
add to the repl/migr/namespace sections.

I am sure there are other things I am forgetting but they are in the
relatively minor category.

So, does this look cool?

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4