Subject: [nfsv4] latest ACL internet draft

From: Sam Falkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:08:32 -0700

We have submitted a new ACL-related internet draft, titled
draft-ietf-nfsv4-acl-00.txt.  You can find it here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-acls-00.txt

Going forward, much of the content of this internet draft will be  
moved into
the upcoming NFSv4.1 I-D.  Future reviews of that acl content will be  
done in
the context of the review effort for the 4.1 I-D.  The contents that  
aren't
moved into the NFSv4.1 I-D will be kept in its own document with the  
intent
of moving it on the path to an informational RFC.

This new version incorporates minor fixes from its predecessor
(draft-falkner-nfsv4-acl-00.txt).  Here are the changes:

      Section 5:
          typo fixed in 3rd paragraph.

      Section 5.2, step 3:
          typo fixed

      Section 5.3, step 1.5.2:
          the text was corrected to agree with the pseudocode ("left- 
shift"
          became "right-shift").

      Section 5.3, step 1.5:
          a new substep "1.5.3" was added, to fix a very obscure problem
          relating to strict POSIX conformance.

      Section 12:
          the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs are new, and discuss how the  
sticky bit
          interacts with delete/delete_child.  The algorithm itself  
was also
          updated for the sticky bit.

- Sam

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4