Subject: [nfsv4] RFC text for when to do LAYOUTCOMMIT

From: Brent Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:11:03 -0800

One of the items that came up in the weekly NFSv4.1 conference call was the
recent discussion on the pnfs developer list about when and when not to do
LAYOUTCOMMIT. Could I volunteer either Trond or Garth to summarize that
discussion and post it to the nfsv4 mailing list?  Ideally we need to morph
that into a paragraph that goes in the LAYOUTCOMMIT section that describes
the rules and/or best practices for when the operation should be applied.

I've cross-posted this - feel free to shift it entirely to [email-masked]
--
Brent Welch
Software Architect, Panasas Inc
Accelerating Time to Results(tm) with Clustered Storage

www.panasas.com
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:41:55 -0500

> the rules and/or best practices for when the operation should be applied.

It has been on my TODO list for the past few days, but I've been a bit
busy (my apologies). I'll try and post a summary together with a pointer
to the archived thread tomorrow morning.

Cheers,
  Trond