Subject: [nfsv4] more re: nfsv4 over tcp drc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:38:22 -0500 (EST)

> Yes, and that's a real problem for the DRC. But the problem is that
> the XID is a lousy uniqueness token. It's only unique in the scope
> of a single RPC stream. Linux, for example, takes this literally and
> cycles xid's on a per-mount basis. So two mounts from the *same
> client* can theoretically collide XIDs if you don't take the address/port
> into consideration. Apart from all the other obvious collisions from
> N clients.

My current code does use IP address in the key for NFSv2,3 over UDP.
(For NFSv3 over TCP, I currently don't use it. I felt that some clients
 would use the NFSv4 over TCP semantics for NFSv3 over TCP. Because the
 client behaviour is not as well defined, it is even harder to decide
 what the DRC should do for NFSv3 over TCP.)

Surviving in the trenches until Sessions arrive, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4