Subject: Re: [nfsv4] nfsv4 over tcp drc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:48:29 -0500 (EST)

> A group here is trying to use Linux clients (and servers, I believe) with
> the clients hooked into multiple NAT boxes.  If one NAT box fails, the
> other will take over.  It mostly works, but it completely falls apart
> with file locking due to the IP address of the lock holder changing.
> "It appears that if I Iock a file from a client behind a NAT server and
> the NAT server fails, I can't release the lock if the client reconnects
> to the NFS via a different NAT server (hence a different IP address)."
> 
> So add locking to the morass!

Fortunately, the Seqid# handling for lock owners deals with locking
for v4. Benny Halevy mentioned to me that he had concerns about how NAT
might affect using IP address in the cache key.

Thanks for the comments, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4