Subject: RE: [nfsv4] No conference call today (May 30th)

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:35:25 -0400

So what's happening on this?

I think we need to firm this up right away.  People's calendars tend
to fill up, and then it may not be possible to get this scheduled
if those meeting details are not forthcoming very soon.

I'd like to propose some agenda items, for either this proposed call,
or if that doesn't happen, for the one on the 13th.  I'm going to
assume that we need to at least have one or the other of these.  
Aren't we getting close to the point at which the IETF rules will 
start interfering with our ability to schedule calls?

The first agenda item I'd like to propose is a review of progress on
the next spec draft.  What is and isn't in it.  When can we expect
it.  Is there anything that may need to get thrown overboard in order
to get this out in time for the meeting blackout period?  I assume 
the drop-dead point for new text submissions to Spencer has passed 
but if it hasn't, then what he will and won't wait for and what 
the absolutely-final-if-you-wait-past-this-you-lose-I-really-mean-
it date is.

Second I think we need to review progress and open issues for the
two highest-profile items in the v4.1 feature set, sessions and
pnfs.  What issues are resolved (i.e. have text) and are just
waiting for the next spec?  What issues are resolved and just
need text (i.e. we need to nag the owners), and which ones are
truly open.  I know this is all (or mostly) in the issue tracker
but my experience is that a group review is useful to remind 
owners of things that need to get done but are no longer at the 
top of their todo lists.  I realize most of this will not make 
the next spec but building a up a queue of changes for after 
is going to be essential to have reasonable progress coming out 
of the next IETF meeting. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer Shepler [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 10:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] No conference call today (May 30th)

There will not be a conference call today.

I would like to have a call next Tuesday if possible.  Details
forthcoming.

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4