Subject: [nfsv4] pnfs: cut section 17?

From: Garth Goodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:34:15 -0700

Would anyone object to cutting section 17 of the current nfsv4.1 spec? 
It gives examples of more advanced layout and aggregation types that are 
not discussed elsewhere in the doc.

This was brought up at the previous IETF meeting (just going through my 
notes.)

17. Layouts and Aggregation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 212
   17.1.  Simple Map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213
   17.2.  Block Extent Map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213
   17.3.  Striped Map (RAID 0) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213
   17.4.  Replicated Map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213
   17.5.  Concatenated Map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 214
   17.6.  Nested Map . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 214

-Garth

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Brent Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:52:47 -0700

>>>Garth Goodson said:

[email-masked] said:
>  There's already text about [other kinds of layouts]
>  in sections 13.7, 14.1.1, and 14.1.5. 

 I'm OK with chopping 17.

--
Brent Welch
Software Architect, Panasas Inc
Accelerating Time to Results(tm) with Clustered Storage

www.panasas.com
[email-masked]