Subject: [nfsv4] Stuff for issue 18, RECLAIM_COMPLETE

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:23:35 -0400

Storing files for the text of this issue to the issue tracker since 
the IETF is not very friendly to non-trivial attachments.  The three 
xml files are derived from the draft-03 files. Draft{Old,New}.txt 
are in I-D text format and are subsets of the v4.1 draft limited to 
relevant xml files.  rfc diff can be used on these two to see my 
changes.  I've also included DraftNew.html for the ASCII-averse.
Here are the links:

	DraftNew.html
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file17/DraftNew.html>

	DraftNew.txt
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file16/DraftNew.txt>

	DraftOld.txt
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file15/DraftOld.txt>

	mvers_middle_errors.xml
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file12/mvers_middle_e
rrors.xml>  	 
	
	mvers_middle_filelocking.xml
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file13/mvers_middle_f
ilelocking.xml>  	
	
	mvers_middle_op_reclaim_complete.xml
<http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file14/mvers_middle_o
p_reclaim_complete.xml> 	

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:39:19 -0400

>         mvers_middle_errors.xml 

In the section on NFS4ERR_ADMIN_REVOKED, could we clarify that carried
over text from RFC3530 a little bit? A lockowner certainly cannot own a
delegation.

Could we document that an NFSv4.1 server should never return
NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQID (given that sessions are now mandatory to implement)?
Ditto for NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE, and NFS4ERR_STALE_CLIENTID.

Cheers,
  Trond

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:42:47 -0400

>         mvers_middle_filelocking.xml 

Contains bad XML:

If a request (r) with a previous sequence number (r < L) is received,

You're going to have to change that to (r &lt; L) or something like that
in order for my browser to be able to parse it. ;-)

Cheers,
  Trond

---

From: Trond Myklebust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:47:03 -0400

>         mvers_middle_op_reclaim_complete.xml

What will servers do in the case of a network partition? Do we still
have a timeout on the grace period?

Cheers,
  Trond