Subject: RE: [nfsv4] pnfs: issue 59: security section 15

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:24:55 -0400

I think this is the right direction but it would result in
section 15 dealing primarily with the file layout, and then
having it appear before the file layout is defined.

Maybe we need a general security considerations section in 
chapter 14 which deals with the general guidelines and says
it is basically up to the layout and then 16.7 deals with
the security issues for the file layout.  Do we really need 
a chapter 15?

-----Original Message-----
From: Goodson, Garth 
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] pnfs: issue 59: security section 15

I would like to propose the following edits to the pNFS security 
section, section 15 of minorversion-03:

- Remove comment at end of 15

- Move 15.2 to Object Layout Spec.

- Move 15.3 to Block Layout Spec.

- Edit 15.0 to include the general guidelines layout specs must follow.

-Garth

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Garth Goodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:15:18 -0700

> the security issues for the file layout.  Do we really need 
I agree.  Is the text in top of 15 good enough for the new general 
security considerations section for 14?

-Garth