Subject: [nfsv4] pnfs: issue 40: DS and MDS w/different security mechanisms

From: Garth Goodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:52:32 -0700

We currently have an open issue from the last working group meeting 
regarding the need for some text to discuss the implications of having a 
metadata server and data server(s) with different security mechansims.

Given my limited knowledge of the security area, I'm looking for 
feedback on:

1) is this a problem that needs to be addressed for 4.1; or do we just 
restrict the mds and dss to use the same security mechanisms (in the 
case of using nfs as the ds storage protocol).

2) what are the implications of this issue; I'm guessing it mostly only 
affects the nfs layout

3) what kind of text is needed to describe the issue; and hopefully a 
volunteer to help write some it up

Thanks,
-Garth

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4