Subject: Re: [nfsv4] pnfs issue 54: add eof to GETDEVICELIST

From: Sam Falkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:42:54 -0600

On May 31, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Garth Goodson wrote:

> based on Sam's feedback:
>
> 22.49.3.  RESULT
>
>    struct GETDEVICELIST4resok {
>        nfs_cookie4                     cookie;
>        verifier4                       cookieverf;
>        pnfs_devlist_item4              device_addrs<>;
>        bool                            eof;
>    };

I think this is great.  Thanks!

- Sam

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Garth Goodson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:45:59 -0700

I should have added a sentence to describe the flag.

So something like (second last sentence added):

22.49.4

...

This operation returns an array of items (pnfs_devlist_item4) that 
establish the association between the short pnfs_deviceid4 and the 
addressing information for that device, for a particular layout type. 
This operation may not be able to fetch all device information at once, 
thus it uses a cookie based approach, similar to READDIR, to fetch 
additional device information (see [6] section 14.2.24). The "eof" flag 
   has a value of TRUE if there are no more entries to fetch.  As in 
GETDEVICEINFO, the current filehandle (cfh) is used to identify the file 
system.

...