Subject: [nfsv4] Notice of IPR claim by IBM posted against V4 spec

From: Brian Pawlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 02:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Forwarded without comment (at this time).

----------------------------------------------------------

To: [email-masked]
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Subject: Posting of IPR Disclosure
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:56:34 -0400

Dear Spencer Shepler:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your RFC entitled "Network File System (NFS)
version 4 Protocol" (RFC3530) was submitted to the IETF Secretariat on
2006-06-12 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights
Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_list.cgi). The title of
the IPR disclosure is "IBM's statement about IPR claimed in RFC 3530."

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Forwarded without comment (at this time).

The IPR declaration asks the claimant:

" If an Internet-Draft or RFC includes multiple parts and it is not
reasonably apparent which part of such Internet-Draft or RFC is alleged
to be covered by the patent information disclosed in Section V(A) or
V(B), it is helpful if the discloser identifies here the sections of
the Internet-Draft or RFC that are alleged to be so covered."

This is not specified. Would an IBM employee on this list please
specifify which part or parts of RFC3530 are covered by IBM's patent?