Subject: [nfsv4] Preview of new locking chapter

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:28:55 -0400

Here is the new revised-for-sessions locking chapter, including the
changes for SEQUENCE-based notifications and a re-organized treatment of
lock revocations, that have been proposed previously.  Although the
reaction to these was generally positive, there wasn't enough discussion
to really declare a consensus and so I promised everybody a chance to
look at the new locking chapter, before it went into an official draft.
 
Anyway, I have now loaded it to the nfsv4-editor.org site.  I have
created two mini-drafts that consist of the locking chapter together
with a brief summary of the changes.  There is a draft with the old
(draft-04) locking chapter and the new one, as well as diff of the two
drafts.

http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file22/draft-oldmini.t
xt is the text version of the mini-draft based on the old (from
draft-04) locking chapter.
	
http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file23/draft-oldmini.h
tml is the html version of a mini-draft based on old (from draft-04)
locking chapter
	
http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file24/draft-newmini.t
xt is the text version of the mini-draft based on new locking chapter

http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file25/draft-newmini.h
tml is the html version of the mini-draft based on new locking chapter

http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/cgi-bin/roundup/nfsv4/file26/rfcdiff.pyht.ht
m is a wdiff of the old and new mini-drafts.

The new chapter addresses issues 13, 16, 17, 25, 35, 39, 63, 64, 65.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4