Subject: RE: [nfsv4] Proposal for interim meeting during September's Bakeathon

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:03:34 -0400

We might consider this as the subject for one of the
conference calls.  If we do this, we should devote the
effort to make sure it properly prepared: an agenda
to structure the discussion, enough preliminary e-mail
discussion so that people can discuss this reasonably,
etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Gruenbacher [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:54 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Sam Falkner; Lisa Week
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Proposal for interim meeting during September's
Bakeathon

On Wednesday, 12 July 2006 19:33, Spencer Shepler wrote:
> During yesterday's meeting, it was suggested that we hold an
> interim WG meeting sometime during the week of the bakeathon
> in September.

I would like to meet about NFSv4 ACLs, but the Bakeathon week won't work
for 
me. Would it make sense to have a separate meeting on ACLs? How about
the 
second or third week in August perhaps?

Thanks,
Andreas

-- 
Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Novell / SUSE Labs

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:20:46 -0400

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:03:34PM -0400, Noveck, Dave wrote:
> conference calls.

I'd rather not for now.  Email's not as good as face-to-face (with a
blackboard at hand), but phone's probably worse than both.

--b.

---

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:39:58 +0200

> blackboard at hand), but phone's probably worse than both.

I agree from how the discussion went so far. I'm working on an I-D like 
document that describes the design space and different designs to focus the 
discussion (to be finieshed in 2-3 weeks). The result will likely still be 
controversial enough to justify a meeting -- but we'll see.

Andreas

---

From: Lisa Week <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:19:40 -0600

>controversial enough to justify a meeting -- but we'll see.
Hi,

What are the dates that would work for people for a face-to-face meeting 
on ACLs?  How many days do people want to meet?

The second week in August would work best for us.  Specifically, August 
8-10.

I know it was mentioned to have the meeting in Ann Arbor, but 
unfortunately, travel is tight around here right now and it is very 
possible that we will not be able to get approved for travel at that 
time.  So, we would also like to volunteer to host the meeting in 
Broomfield, CO.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Lisa

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:40:24 -0400

I interesting in participating in the meeting, but I am not available
from August 7 until August 23
Mario

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Week [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 13:20
To: Andreas Gruenbacher
Cc: J. Bruce Fields; Sam Falkner; [email-masked]
Subject: ACL design team meeting was: Re: [nfsv4] Proposal for interim
meetingduring September's Bakeathon

Hi,

Thanks,
Lisa

---

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:50:20 +0200

On Tuesday, 18. July 2006 19:19, Lisa Week wrote:
> >document that describes the design space and different designs to focus
> > the discussion (to be finieshed in 2-3 weeks). The result will likely
> > still be controversial enough to justify a meeting -- but we'll see.
> >
> >Andreas
>
> Hi,
>

I would imagine two full days, or maybe two and a half.

> The second week in August would work best for us.  Specifically, August

The 8th and 9th won't work for me, but the rest of the month is still open.

> Broomfield, CO.  Thoughts?

Any place should do for me.

Thanks,
Andreas

---

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:18:54 +0200

> The 8th and 9th won't work for me, but the rest of the month is still open.

Update: it now turns out that the second week in August *will* work for me. 
Which days shall we meet? I should get the tickets booked pretty soon now...

Thanks,
Andreas

---

From: Sam Falkner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:44:50 -0600

Let's make it the 8th through the 10th.  We've had one message that  
the morning of the 8th won't work, so if you need to travel on the  
morning of the 8th, that would be okay.  This would give us the  
afternoon of the 8th, then all day on the 9th and 10th.

The airport is "DEN", Denver International Airport.  We (Sun) will  
provide the meeting space.  Close hotels are the Omni Interlocken  
(http://xrl.us/pbgu/), Renaissance Suites (http://xrl.us/pbgw/), and  
Towneplace Suites (http://xrl.us/pbgx/), all in Broomfield,  
Colorado.  The meeting locationns will be at Sun (http://xrl.us/ 
pbgy/), details on meetings to be given once we know how many will be  
attending.

- Sam