Subject: [nfsv4] Problems with NFSv4 client reading mounted directories

From: "Machin, Glenn D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 18:41:32 -0600

I am having some difficulty with the building of pseudo file handles. I
have looked over the CITI documentation
(http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/using-nfsv4.html) and I
don't think I am doing anything different except that I am forcing
gss/krb5i,

I have 2 systems 1 server - 1 client. Both are running the latest
distribution (2.6.17-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1) with the latest utility patches.

On the server /export/DFS is the NFSv4 root.  I have mounted (--bind )
the /export/src directory under /export/DFS/dce.sandia.gov/fs/proj/src.
I also set up a referral to see if that would work.   

On the client I am mounting the root fh of the server to the directory
/...

On the server I can do an "ls /export/DFS/dce.sandia.gov/fs/proj/src"
and see the files in that directory.  However from the client I do not
see the data that should be in src.  From the client  I can see other
data just not anything mounted via the mount --bind.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Glenn

Client Information:
/etc/fstab:
	linux-nfs1.sandia.gov:/    /...   nfs4   sec=krb5i 0 0

Server Information:
/etc/exports:
	/export/DFS gss/krb5i(rw,fsid=0,insecure,no_subtree_check,acl)
  	/export/DFS/dce.sandia.gov/fs/proj/src
gss/krb5i(rw,insecure,no_subtree_check,acl)

Mount Command Output:
/export/src 						on
/export/DFS/dce.sandia.gov/fs/proj/src type none (rw,bind)

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4