Subject: [nfsv4] Re: NFSv4 ACL and POSIX interaction / mask

From: David Collier-Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:27:47 +0000

A side note on clarity:
   Lisa Week notes
>>Yes -- ALLOW ACEs are alternate file access control, and DENY ACEs  
>>are additional file access control.
>>
>>>It is important to understand how POSIX defines additional file  
>>>access control mechanisms

   It would be A Good Thing, when defining the terms in the
draft RFC, to introduce this equivalence as early as possible.

   I picked it up from context about half-way though the
discussion and had to go back and re-read the previous material
to be sure I hadn't been reasoning from bad premises.

--dave (picking nits) c-b
-- 
David Collier-Brown,         | Always do right. This will gratify
System Programmer and Author | some people and astonish the rest
[email-masked]           |                      -- Mark Twain
(416) 223-5943

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4