Subject: [nfsv4] Proposed Agenda for ACL Meeting / Directions for attendees

From: Lisa Week <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:31:45 -0600

Hi,

* General Information:
For those of you attending in person, come to the Building 1 lobby of  
the Sun Broomfield Campus (http://xrl.us/pbgy/) prior to the start of  
the meeting on Tuesday, August 8th.

For those of you not able to attend in person, we are able to provide  
conference call capabilities on an as needed basis.  Contact  
[email-masked] or me (FYI, I will be out of the office Friday,  
August 4th and Monday, August 7th) directly for the call-in information.
Action Needed: If you plan on calling in, please respond to me with  
what your preferences for the conference calls are.  (i.e. - should  
we have one conference call at the end of the day in which we recap  
the day's discussions or are there other particular portions of the  
meeting that you would like to call into).

* Proposed agenda for ACL Design Team Meeting, August 8 - 10:
Please send your comments (to this alias) about additions, deletions,  
etc. to the agenda.

Tuesday, 08/08/2006
------------------------------
Room: Utah Conference Room, Room #1137, Building 1

10:00am - 11:30am: Discussion about goals for the ACL section of  
NFSv4.1.
	* What are the working group's goals?
	* How should the goals be documented?
	* How should the goals be tracked?
11:30am - 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00pm - 4:00pm: Review of the re-worked ACL section (To be sent out  
today or tomorrow)
4:00pm - 5:00pm: Con-call (if needed)

Wednesday, 08/09/2006
---------------------------------
Room: Montana Conference Room, Room #124, Building 1

9:00am - 11:00am:  Discussion about what additional documents may be  
pursued/needed and the plan for the existing ones.
	* NFSv4 to POSIX-draft ACL mapping (Bruce),
	* POSIX compliance with NFSv4 ACLs (?)
	* Windows interoperability with NFSv4 ACLs including documenting  
behaviors (i.e. how
	   does dynamic inheritance really work) (?)
	* Dual protocol server capabilities (CIFS and NFSv4.x (?))
11:00am - 12:30pm: Lunch
12:30pm - 4:00pm: Discussion about POSIX compliance
4:00pm - 5:00pm: Con-call (if needed)

Wednesday, 08/10/2006
---------------------------------
Room: Montana Conference Room, Room #124, Building 1

9:00am - 11:30am: Open / Overflow
11:30am - 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Open / Overflow
2:00pm - 4:00pm: Discussion on how to move forward.  Set deadlines  
for any AIs assigned during meeting.

Thanks,
Lisa

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:01:18 +0200

> Please send your comments (to this alias) about additions, deletions,

From the discussion so far, I think there are still considerable differences 
in our understanding of how POSIX works, and how this influences and limits 
the possible designs. I'll let my self be surprised by the promised rework of 
draft-ietf-nfsv4-acls-00, but unless my concerns have been taken care of 
there, we'll need a 2-3 hour session for discussing POSIX before looking at 
any specific designs.

> 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Con-call (if needed)

Thanks,
Andreas

-- 
Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Novell / SUSE Labs