Subject: [nfsv4] potential changes to nfs41_prot.x (sessionid4, streamchannelattrs4, rdmachannelattrs4)

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:44:22 -0500

In an attempt to solidify more nfs41_prot.x changes prior to draft-06
and hence the interim meeting, we need to resolve the following issues
if possible.

We need your input Tom if you are available.  The issues are:

44	streamchannelattrs4 is not defined
45	rdmachannelattrs4 is not defined	
29	List of NFSv4.1 data types not complete

For 44, 45, we need additional context and whether they need to
change from their current placeholder definitions of:

typedef uint32_t streamchannelattrs4;
typedef uint32_t rdmachannelattrs4;

For issue 29, I believe that this work has been done and will 
confirm it for draft-06.  During the discussion of this issue
during today's conference call it was suggested that we change
the current definition from:

typedef opaque		sessionid4[16];

to

typedef uint64_t	sessionid4;

It is believed that with the recent changes to the association of
clientid to session that the additional space for a sessionid4 is
unnecessary and that a uint64_t should suffice.

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4