Subject: [nfsv4] I-D ACTION: draft-gruenbacher-nfsv4-file-masks-00.txt (NFSv4 file_masks Attribute)

From: Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 03:30:20 +0200

Hello,

quoting the [email-masked] mailing list, a new Internet-Draft is 
available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NFSv4 file_masks Attribute
        Author(s)       : A. Gruenbacher, J. Fields
        Filename        : draft-gruenbacher-nfsv4-file-masks-00.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2006-9-5

   Some NFSv4 servers allow a mode SETATTR to restore ACL permissions
   which were removed by a previous mode SETATTR.  This allows servers
   to handle mode SETATTRs without destroying the information in ACLs.
   However, these temporarily masked permissions are not exposed to
   clients.  This proposal adds an optional new file attribute,
   file_masks, which can be used by clients to see these temporarily
   masked permissions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gruenbacher-nfsv4-file-masks-00.txt

I am making the html and xml versions of this document available at:
http://www.suse.de/~agruen/draft-gruenbacher-nfsv4-file-masks-00/

Corrigendum: on Page 6 of draft-gruenbacher-nfsv4-file-masks-00.txt, the text 
says:

  "Granting permissions that cannot be represented as an ACL can be
  avoided by applying the group mask to all ACL entries with who
  values other than OWNER@ and GROUP@ during access checks."

In this sentence, instead of "GROUP@" it should say "EVERYONE@".

Regards,
Andreas

-- 
Andreas Gruenbacher <[email-masked]>
Novell / SUSE Labs

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4