Subject: [nfsv4] Proposal for issue 52.

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:47:07 -0400

Since I'm going to bothering people about stage0-req issues, I decided I
had to get going on the one I own, so here is something to address issue
51, "NFSv4.1 client should have capability to indicate it can handle
migration."
 
Mike wrote:
> So indicating at create session time is what I had in mind.

I'd hate to have the situation where a single client had multiple
sessions and
only some of them allowed migration.  I think this would be getter as a
per-client attribute set at EXCHANGE_ID time.

So I'd propose adding a flag word eia_flags to the EXCHANGE_ID arguments
and
defining EXCHANGE_ID_FLAG_SUPPORT_REFER and
EXCHANGE_ID_FLAG_SUPPORT_MIGR.  The
reason for two bits is that I can well imagine clients that support
MOVED in the
referral context without supporting it in the migration context.  In the
even of
a change of bits on a subsequent EXCHANGE_ID, the server should accept
the last
state, but clients should not depend on a prompt change so that it can
still get
a MOVED a little bit after the change it has no cause for complaint.
When the
bits are set with a new client_owner4 (new verifier presumably), these
will be
acted on immediately.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4