Subject: [nfsv4] New keyword in issue tracker

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:15:35 -0400

A while back, Spencer sent around a proposed list of stages for the v4.1
draft.  One of the requirements for stage-0 was that we basically had no
open issues on protocol content that would change the .x file.  (I may
be slightly inaccurate here but I don't think I'm wildly inaccurate).
 
Anyway, I've created the keyword stage0-req and added it to the issues
that I know about that would be preventing us from from getting the .x
file to a frozen state (except for mistakes we find subsequently).  I've
added it to issues that I think we need to close on to get to this
stage.  My hope is that we will have any necessary discussion on these
before or at the coming IETF meetings and be able to close these issues
soon thereafter with the -09 draft.  
 
If you know of issues that meet this criterion, please add the keyword
so that we can track them.  Also, if you know of things that might
possibly need to be addressed, the time to create the appropriate issues
in roundup is now.  

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:17:31 -0500

> possibly need to be addressed, the time to create the appropriate issues

Thanks for setting the convention, Dave.

Another way to phrase this is that, the time has passed for adding
anything new to NFSv4.1.  All issues need to be identified and as
Dave has asked, all stage-0 issuse must be identified as such so we
know the priority of resolution moving forward.

Dave says that it is his hope that we have closure on these stage-0
issues at the close of the IETF meetings.  I see this as a requirement.

We have 2 meetings over a 3 day period.  We MUST have the work completed,
closed via the WG alias and as Dave suggests, into a draft-09 that comes
out shortly after the WG meeting.

Spencer