Subject: [nfsv4] nfscookie / cookie3 / nfs_cookie4

From: "Peter Varga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:58:03 -0400

In the past, we've seen NFS clients that were unable to process 64-bit
cookie values in READDIR replies. Some even had problems if nfscookie
(in NFSv2) was equivalent to a negative signed value. I believe the
reason had to do with directly mapping the cookie into a signed offset
value in the dirent structure.

As you may know, Windows doesn't have a direct cookie equivalent, so our
server is forced to craft one. We're currently re-evaluating our
cookie-building mechanism and would greatly appreciate some input on
this.

Are there any clients out there for which 64-bit or signed 32-bit cookie
values still cause problem? 

Thanks,
Peter

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4