Subject: [nfsv4] Timeline for NFSv4.1 I-D updates and last call preparation

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:45:10 -0500

To set some expectations for updates to the NFSv4.1 internet draft
and review cycle, I am passing along the rough timeline the
editors and working group co-chairs are working towards.

The basis of this timeline was discussed at the Chicago IETF meeting
and recorded in the notes so I hope that it is not a complete
surprise.

Please review this in the mindset of doing a full document review
in preparation for the working group last call starting with Draft 17.

Spencer

Sept 14th - Draft 14
	Contains updates to namespace sections based on formal reviews,
	final pNFS issues, and sessions review (EXCHANGE_ID, etc.)

Oct 5th - Draft 15
	Contains updates from the locking, state, delegations reviews
	and any issues from the errors/ops review

Oct 19th - Draft 16
	Contains general issues and those items raised/discussed
	during the bakeathon.

With Draft 16, we should be "ready" for working group last call.
Although we will not start the official timer for last call, the
intent is that the working group treat it as such given the
size of the document.

Nov 12 - Draft 17
	Any issues found in review and last call version

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4