Subject: [nfsv4] fyi: client release that uses delegations more agressively

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 17:02:20 -0500 (EST)

Just in case you are interested in testing it, I've made the following
available anonymous ftp. (The recent work involves fairly agressive
use of delegations.)

I've finally created a release that I would consider near production and
not beta test. It is available for OpenBSD4.2 at this point, with a
port of the client to Darwin/Mac OS X coming soon. (Tiger for now, Leopard
might take a while.) As well as sources, I've made up a VMWare disk
image that people can use for testing. I'll also update the FreeBSD-CURRENT
server code soon, although the server code hasn't changed much recently.

In case you are interested, it's in:
 	ftp.cis.uoguelph.ca/pub/nfsv4/OpenBSD4.2
 	(anonymous ftpable)

The client now uses delegations quite agressively and this does seem
to be helping w.r.t. performance.

Have fun with it, if you try it, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4