Subject: Re: [Fwd: [nfsv4] device IDs and stateids]

From: Benny Halevy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:14:46 +0200

On Nov. 12, 2007, 18:04 +0200, Marc Eshel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I am at SC07 and I did not follow the recent discussions Mike's list ok. 
> Do you have anything in mind that I am forgetting ?

No.  I just wanted another eyeball looking at it.
I went over Spencer's latest change and although it's
quite different from what I've suggested I think it can work.
The gist of it defining deviceid4 as { did_major, did_minor },
associating a device stateid with did_major.  This is returned
by GETDEVICELIST (the mechanism here is still a bit vague) and
GETDEVICEINFO.  Also, these ops set the current filehandle
and this filehandle is supposed to be used by CB_RECALL (and
maybe CB_NOTIFY) to operate on the stateid assuming it's similar
to a delegation.  CB_RECALL and DELEGRETURN will work on the device
stateid meaning their scope is { did_major, * } while
CB_NOTIFY will send notification for specific device IDs.
There's still no way to list all devices for a given did_major.

Spencer, please correct me if I got anything wrong.

Benny

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4