Subject: [nfsv4] Comments on draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:25:36 -0500

In section 12.4, "it, such as Even" should be replace with "it.  Even"
 
-Jason

12.4.  RPC Authentication Flavor Number Assignment
 
   ...
   Recent progress in RPC security has moved away from new auth flavors
   as used by AUTH_DH [DH], and focused on using the existing RPCSEC_GSS

Expires: July 2008                                             [Page 20]
 
Title           Remote Procedure Call Protocol Version 2    January 2008

   [RFC2203] flavor and inventing novel GSS-API mechanisms which can be
   used with it, such as Even though RPCSEC_GSS is an assigned
   authentication flavor, use of a new RPCSEC_GSS mechanism with NFS
   ([RFC1094] [RFC1813] and [RFC3530]) will require the registration of
   'pseudo-flavors' which are used to negotiate security mechanisms in
   an unambiguous way, as defined by [RFC2623].

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Robert Thurlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:43:46 -0700

[email-masked] wrote:
> In section 12.4, “it, such as Even” should be replace with “it.  Even”

Thanks, Jason - agreed and fixed in my source.

Rob T