Subject: [nfsv4] fs_absent.

From: Robert Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:08:46 -0600

I was reviewing 11.11 (in draft-19) and was not able to find the
boolean fsstat_absent. There are some minor typos as well. But
first can someone tell me where the boolean fsstat_absent is ?
(heh, it appears to be absent :) )

Robert. 

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:57:48 -0500

In addition, in draft-19, STATUS4_REFERRAL is absent and STATUS4_ABSENT
is present instead.

draft-18 is the same as draft-19.

In draft 17, the xdr includes fsstat_absent and STATUS4_REFERRAL.

In draft-18, the xdr seems to have regressed while the text still refers
to these.  Don't understand how/why this happened.

If anybody has any helpful (or even apparently unhelpful) clues, let me
know. 

I'll look at what CVS tells me. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Gordon [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:09 AM
To: NFSv4
Subject: [nfsv4] fs_absent.

I was reviewing 11.11 (in draft-19) and was not able to find the boolean
fsstat_absent. There are some minor typos as well. But first can someone
tell me where the boolean fsstat_absent is ?
(heh, it appears to be absent :) )

Robert.

---

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:17:07 -0500

Checked in a fix:

CVS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    nfsv41_middle_fileattributes.xml
CVS:    nfsv41_middle_multi_server_ns.xml xml2rfc dotx.d/spit_types.sh
CVS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Correct loss of fss_absent and STATUS4_REFERRAL, which happened
in draft-18, as part of the switch from having XDR directly in
the xml to having it separate.  Some changes to the fs_status
attribute wound up being lost because spit_types.sh was not
up-to-date.

Also fixed references to fsstat_absent to the correct name which
is fss_absent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Gordon [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:09 AM
To: NFSv4
Subject: [nfsv4] fs_absent.

Robert.

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:59:24 -0800 (PST)

Note the until the upcoming draft-20, the .x file did not have
the stuff Dave added to the .x file just now.

Since this is a dotx change (albeit does not affect pnfs), do
Bake-a-thon participants want:

- a new i-d pushed
- to test with draft-20

?

It really depends if the fs* stuff will be implemented before the
bake-a-thon.

> boolean

---

From: Robert Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:12:25 -0600

> It really depends if the fs* stuff will be implemented before the

Our code for using that is absent :) .. we have no plans to
implement before the Austin BAT.

--
Robert
"Don't Take Anything Personally"

---

From: "William A. (Andy) Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:03:40 -0500

> implement before the Austin BAT.

ditto for linux

-->Andy