Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NFS Version 4 Minor Version 1
	Author(s)       : S. Shepler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-19.txt
	Pages           : 567
	Date            : 2008-01-29

This Internet-Draft describes NFS version 4 minor version one,
including features retained from the base protocol and protocol
extensions made subsequently.  Major extensions introduced in NFS
version 4 minor version one include: Sessions, Directory Delegations,
and parallel NFS (pNFS).Requirements Language

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-19.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-19.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-19.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:56:06 -0500

In section 1.6.3.1, I think it should say "in subsequent operations"
   Lookup-type and
   create operations are used to go from file and directory names to the
   filehandle which is then used to identify the object to subsequent
   operations.
s/the object to/the object in/

In section 2.2.1, subject verb agreement, I think the subject is "the
NFS server".  Or is the subject "Previous NFS versions"?
   Previous NFS versions have been thought of as having a host-based
   authentication model, where the NFS server authenticates the NFS
   client, and trust the client to authenticate all users
s/trust/trusts/

In section 2.2.1, the following phrase is not a sentence.  I'm not sure
what is meant.  Maybe delete "which"?
   The first form of
   RPC authentication which required a host-based authentication
   approach.

In section 2.2.1.1, reword for clarity,
   As described in section 7.2 "Authentication" of [3], RPC security is
   encapsulated in the RPC header, via a security or authentication
   flavor, and information specific to the specification of the security
   flavor.
s/to the specification of/to the specified/

In section 18.40.3, I think it should say "to the client".
   Finally, if the server supports
   notifications for device ID mappings, the gdir_notification result
   will contain a bitmap of which notifications it will actually send to
   the server (via CB_NOTIFY_DEVICEID, see Section 20.12).
s/to the server/to the client/

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:14:21 -0800 (PST)

These fixes have been checked in.