Subject: [nfsv4] draft 19 - nit/minor addition

From: Mahesh Siddheshwar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:19:31 -0800

In section "15.2.  Operations and their valid errors"
need to add NFS4ERR_CB_PATH_DOWN to the valid errors section
of DESTROY_SESSION.

Mahesh
 
18843,18844c18843,18845
<    |                      | NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, NFS4ERR_DELAY,        |
<    |                      | NFS4ERR_NOT_ONLY_OP, NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,  |
---
>    |                      | NFS4ERR_CB_PATH_DOWN, NFS4ERR_DEADSESSION, |
>    |                      | NFS4ERR_DELAY, NFS4ERR_NOT_ONLY_OP,        |
>    |                      | NFS4ERR_REP_TOO_BIG,                       |
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:31:51 -0500

Agree but it seems that it would help to make a few changes to
the section that mentions this.

Propose changing:

   If there is a backchannel on the session and the server has
   outstanding CB_SEQUENCE operations, then the server MAY refuse to
   destroy the session and return NFS4ERR_BACK_CHAN_BUSY.  In the event
   the backchannel is down, the server should instead return
   NFS4ERR_CB_PATH_DOWN to inform the client that the backchannel needs
   to repaired before the server will allow the session to be destroyed.
   The client SHOULD reply to all outstanding CB_COMPOUNDs before re-
   issuing DESTROY_SESSION.

To:

   If there is a backchannel on the session and the server has
   outstanding CB_COMPOUND operations for the session which have not 
   been replied to then the server MAY refuse to destroy the session 
   and return an error.  In the event the backchannel is down, the 
   server should return NFS4ERR_CB_PATH_DOWN to inform the client that 
   the backchannel needs to repaired before the server will allow the 
   session to be destroyed.  Otherwise, the error CB_BACK_CHAN_BUSY  
   should be returned to indicate that there are CB_COMPOUNDs that 
   need to be replied to.  The client SHOULD reply to all outstanding 
   CB_COMPOUNDs before re-issuing DESTROY_SESSION.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mahesh Siddheshwar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:20 PM
To: nfsv4
Subject: [nfsv4] draft 19 - nit/minor addition

Mahesh

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:10:28 -0800 (PST)

Agreed.

Another issue was that NFS4ERR_CB_PATH_DOWN was in list of
obsolete errors. I'm in the process of fixing that too.