Subject: [nfsv4] word smithing changes for chapter 5

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:46:26 -0800 (PST)

http://www.eisler.com/nfsv4-wg/2008-02-22-ch5-changes.htm

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:05:40 -0500

> OPENATTR MUST NOT be done on a named attribute directory 
> or on a named attribute. 

This makes it sound as if a client which tries this is non-compliant.
But I could write a synthetic client which tried this to test the
server, and there would be nothing wrong with the client doing that.
The real "MUST" here is that if the client tries this, the server MUST
return an NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE error.

---

From: Robert Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 12:53:15 -0600

> http://www.eisler.com/nfsv4-wg/2008-02-22-ch5-changes.htm

Nit: 18.37.3 (Destroy session)

".. Any remaining connections associated with the session are  
immediately disassociated and it not associated with out sessions,  
MAY be closed by the server"

to:

".. Any connections associated with the session are immediately  
disassociated. If the connection has no remaining associated session,  
the connection MAY be closed by the server."

Robert.

---

From: Robert Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:27:51 -0600

> http://www.eisler.com/nfsv4-wg/2008-02-22-ch5-changes.htm

"This region MUST overlap with one or more existing layouts
previously granted via LAYOUTGET (Section 18.43), each with
an iomode of LAYOUTIOMODE4_RW."

Just for clarification:

In the case where any held layout segments iomode is not
LAYOUTIOMODE4_RW the server should return the error NFS4ERR_BAD_IOMODE.
For the case where the client does not hold matching layout segment(s)
for the defined region, the server should return the error  
NFS4ERR_BAD_LAYOUT.

?

Robert.

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:07:38 -0800 (PST)

OK.

  <t>
    If OPENATTR is done on a named attribute directory or on
    a named attribute, the server MUST return NFS4ERR_WRONG_TYPE.
  </t>

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:14:29 -0800 (PST)

OK