Subject: [nfsv4] Pending changes for v4.1 spec

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:41:29 -0500

These will probably be checked in tomorrow morning unless 
someone fnds something very wrong with them.

These address:

     Wrong error code for NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION

     The issue of the wrong layout type being returned
     by GETDEVICEINFO or LAYOUTGET.

cvs diff: Diffing .
Index: nfsv41_middle_errors.xml
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/stdk/NFSv41/nfsv41_middle_errors.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.57
diff -r1.57 nfsv41_middle_errors.xml
306c306
<       <c>10070</c>
---
>       <c>10071</c>
687c687
<     <section title="NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION (Error Code 10070)"
---
>     <section title="NFS4ERR_OP_NOT_IN_SESSION (Error Code 10071)"
Index: nfsv41_middle_op_getdeviceinfo.xml
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/stdk/NFSv41/nfsv41_middle_op_getdeviceinfo.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.18
diff -r1.18 nfsv41_middle_op_getdeviceinfo.xml
26a27,34
>       The da_layout_type field of the gdir_device_addr returned
>       by the server MUST be equal to the gdia_layout_type specified
>       by the client.  If it is not equal, the client SHOULD ignore
>       the response as invalid and behave as if the server returned
>       an error, even if the client does have support for the
>       layout type returned.
>     </t>
>     <t>
Index: nfsv41_middle_op_layoutget.xml
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/stdk/NFSv41/nfsv41_middle_op_layoutget.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.21
diff -r1.21 nfsv41_middle_op_layoutget.xml
119a120,126
>       The value of the layout type (lo_content.loc_type) for each of
>       the elements of the array of layouts returned by the server
>       (logr_layout) MUST be equal to the loga_layout_type specified
>       by the client.  If it is not equal, the client SHOULD ignore
>       the response as invalid and behave as if the server returned
>       an error, even if the client does have support for the
>       layout type returned.
Index: nfsv41_middle_pnfs.xml
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/stdk/NFSv41/nfsv41_middle_pnfs.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.69
diff -r1.69 nfsv41_middle_pnfs.xml
196c196,197
<   As an example, a file layout type could be an array of tuples (e.g.,
---
>   As an example,  layout of the
>   file layout type could be an array of tuples (e.g.,
207a209,218
> <t>
>   Requests for pNFS-related operations will often specify a layout
>   type.  Examples of such operations are GETDEVICEINFO and LAYOUTGET.
>   The response for these operations will include structures such
>   a device_addr4 or a layout4, each of which includes a layout type
within
>   it.  The layout type sent by the server MUST always be the same
>   one requested by the client.  When a client sends a response that
>   includes a different layout type, the client SHOULD ignore the
>   response and behave as if the server had returned an error response.
> </t>
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4