Subject: Re: [nfsv4] pNFS Objects and Blocks I-Ds (last call preparation)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:35:17 -0400

An update draft block spec will be posted which incorporates field
prefixes.

-Jason 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Mike Eisler
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] pNFS Objects and Blocks I-Ds (last call
preparation)

I've posted this comment for thre Objects I-ID  but it applies to
the blocks I-D too:

The field names of each data type ought to be prefixed with an
abbreviation of the data type. For example, there is a field named
"length". It is going to be very painful for source code browsers
to distinguish that commonly used field name among all data types
of most kernels.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4