Subject: [nfsv4] NFSv4.1 (draft 23) ready for AD review

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 18:16:04 -0500

Lars,

Over the last few days at the Connectathon interoperability event
the various implementors have been making steady, positive progress
and have not found any issues with the current NFSv4.1 I-D.

Given the results from the prototype work and the updates that Mike
has done in editorial content, Draft 23 of NFSv4.1 is ready for
your review.  Given the size of the document, I wanted to let you
know that we were ready while I put together the official review
request in the form of the shepherding materials.

As co-chair, I want to thank the working group for the effort
in definition and review of NFSv4.1.  I would like to extend a
personal thanks to my co-editors for their efforts to deliver a
high-quality document.

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:12:38 +0300

Hi,

I really appreciate the tremendous commitment from the WG over several  
years to see a specification of this complexity through to  
publication, while at the same time performing interoperability  
testing - everyone has done an exemplary job!

I'll need to figure out how I can fit this review in with my regular  
IESG and day job duties. (This document alone is longer than the  
typical IESG reading list for a two-week period.) It's likely that  
I'll need to spread out the review into chunks over a few weeks.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask the WG to focus its efforts on the  
remaining current WG items (the two pNFS documents and rpsec-gss-v2,  
but especially 1831bis.)

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:16:43 -0700 (PDT)

> remaining current WG items (the two pNFS documents and rpsec-gss-v2,

An update to rpsec-gss-v2 is posted.

-- 
Mike Eisler, Senior Technical Director, NetApp, 719 599 9026,
http://blogs.netapp.com/eislers_nfs_blog/