Subject: [nfsv4] two personal I-Ds on metadata striping and de-dupe awareness

From: "Mike Eisler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:40:36 -0800 (PST)

I've submitted a couple I-Ds.

The first:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-eisler-nfsv4-pnfs-metastripe-01.txt
is a proposal for extending pNFS to perform metadata striping.

The second:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-eisler-nfsv4-pnfs-dedupe-00.txt
is a proposal for adding awareness of de-duplicated data to NFS.

Both proposals:

- entail adding new layout types as standards track documents

- do not require a minor version of NFSv4.2

- do not impact NFSv4.1. I.e. these are not proposals to revisit
  NFSv4.1 and derail its end game toward RFC status.

I have asked Spencer for time at next week's WG meeting to discuss
these proposals.

-- 
Mike Eisler, Senior Technical Director, NetApp, 719 599 9026,
http://blogs.netapp.com/eislers_nfs_blog/

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4