Subject: [nfsv4] [FedFS] second draft of R8 requirement

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:51:33 -0500 (EST)

Below is the second draft, based on the feedback from last week, of 
the revised R8 requirement from draft-ietf-nfsv4-federated-fs-reqts-00:

The original version:
---------------------

   R8:   USING THE FEDERATION INTERFACES, it MUST be possible to perform
         queries about the state of objects relevant to the
         implementation of the federation namespace.

         It MUST be possible to query the fileserver named in an FSL to
         discover whether a junction exists at a given path within that
         FSL.

The modified version:
---------------------

   R8:   USING THE FEDERATION INTERFACES:

         a. It MUST be possible to query the fileserver named in an FSL to
            discover whether a junction exists at a given path within that
            FSL.

         b. It MAY be possible to query the fileserver named in an FSL
            to discover the junctions, if any, in that FSL. If this 
            feature is implemented, the fileserver SHOULD report each 
            junction's path within the FSL and the targeted FSN.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4