Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'NFS Version 4 Minor Version 1' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:43:56 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NFS Version 4 Minor Version 1 '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-29.txt

Technical Summary

This Internet-Draft describes NFS version 4 minor version
one, including features retained from the base protocol and
protocol extensions made subsequently. Major extensions
introduced in NFS version 4 minor version one include:
Sessions, Directory Delegations, and parallel NFS (pNFS).

Working Group Summary

This document is the result of long construction, review, and
prototyping. While not all features of NFSv4.1 have been
prototyped or implemented the mainline features have received
reasonable prototyping.

Document Quality

The NFSv4.1 specification was subjected to a series of formal
reviews or walk-throughs that resulted in close review and
resultant issues and resolutions. As a result, the NFSv4.1
documents are complete and of reasonably high quality.
Note to RFC Editor
 
Personnel

Brian Pawslowski ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4