Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'Object-based pNFS Operations' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:47:48 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Object-based pNFS Operations '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-12.txt

Technical Summary

This document provides a specification of the object-based
layout type definition to be used with the NFSv4.1 protocol.
As such, this is a companion specification to NFS version 4
Minor Version 1.

Working Group Summary

As part of the NFSv4.1 document review, this document
benefited from formal review and portions of the specified
protocol have also been prototyped. The NFSv4 working group
has been supportive of this work and there have been no major
constroversies during its development.

Document Quality

As mentioned, this document and the mainline NFSv4.1
specification have enjoyed general review along with detailed
formal review within the working group. The specification
has also been embodied in at least one prototype as a method
of verifying the suitable of the document in leading to
reasonable implementation. Therefore, the overall quality of 
this document is high.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4