Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action:draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Object-based pNFS Operations
	Author(s)       : B. Halevy, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-10.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2008-12-02

Parallel NFS (pNFS) extends NFSv4 to allow clients to directly access
file data on the storage used by the NFSv4 server.  This ability to
bypass the server for data access can increase both performance and
parallelism, but requires additional client functionality for data
access, some of which is dependent on the class of storage used,
a.k.a. the Layout Type.  The main pNFS operations and data types in
NFSv4 Minor Version 1 specify a layout-type-independent layer;
layout-type-specific information is conveyed using opaque data
structures which internal structure is further defined by the
particular layout type specification.  This document specifies the
NFSv4.1 Object-based pNFS Layout Type in companion with the main
NFSv4 Minor Version 1 specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Benny Halevy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:50:29 +0200

A few changes have been made in response to last comments.
Here's a summary of what's changed in this version of the draft:

Re-wrote abstract
	Borrowed some text from pnfs-bloc and added some more
	explanatory text for first-time/occasional readers.

Scrubbed references.
	Removed URL's that refer to draft documents
	Changed references to the OSD standard from
	  SNIA T10/1355-D to the formal ANSI INCITS 400-2004 name.
	Moved NFSv4.1, NFSv4.1 XDR Description, iSNS, and EUI to
	  from the Informative to the Normative References section.
	Add [[RFC Editor: ...]] comments for required RFC number
	  back-patching.

Rewrote "Client Fencing" to clearly define when the server MAY
fence the client off.

Fixed a couple spelling mistakes.

See http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-10.txt
for the actual diff.

Benny

On Dec. 03, 2008, 10:45 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 10:46:35 -0500

I usually get these from

	http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/draft-25/draft-25.tar.gz
	http://www.nfsv4-editor.org/draft-26/draft-26.tar.gz
	...

but those last two haven't showed up.

--b.

---

From: Benny Halevy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:41:42 +0200

Bruce, this is pnfs-obj...
I can give you the different revisions on its xml,
but I'm not sure you _really_ want them ;-)

Benny

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:45:40 -0500

> but I'm not sure you _really_ want them ;-)

Whoops, sorry!  Responded to the wrong thread....  The body of the
message still stands, though.  Spencer cc'd as I think he's the one that
usually does this?

--b.

---

From: Fredric Isaman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:26:58 -0500 (EST)

> > but those last two haven't showed up.

I was also wondering if there were any plans to put recent drafts up 
at www.nfsv4-editor.org?  It was very convenient to have all the drafts 
and their associated files in one location.

Fred

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:27:06 -0600

Yes, I should be able to post the most recent later today.

Spencer

On Dec 11, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Fredric Isaman wrote:

>> On Dec. 03, 2008, 17:46 +0200, "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked] 
>> >
> wrote:
>> > I usually get these from
>> >
> at www.nfsv4-editor.org?  It was very convenient to have all the  
> drafts and their associated files in one location.
>
> Fred
>