Subject: [nfsv4] FedFS Meeting Minutes, 02/19/2009

From: James Lentini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:19:54 -0500 (EST)

FedFS Meeting Minutes, 02/19/2009
---------------------------------

Attendees
---------

Craig Everhart (NetApp)
Renu Tewari (IBM/ARC)
Dan Ellard (BBN)
Robert Thurlow (Sun)
Paul Lemahieu (EMC)
James Lentini (NetApp)

Minutes
-------

+ IETF Note Well Agreement

  This is a reminder that our discussions are governed by the 
  IETF Note Well Agreement. See:

    http://www.ietf.org/NOTEWELL.html

  We will start each week's meeting with this announcement.

+ Meeting Schedule

  FAST next week. No meeting week.

+ Review Action Items

  [AI] Renu Tewari will send text referencing the root fileset document

  Renu will send her update to James. James will include it in the NSDB 
  document.

+ Upcoming events

  - Connectathon

    Connectathon is underway today. There is a kickoff of replication and 
    migration testing on Monday morning at 11:00 AM. 

    Rob will be giving a talk on FedFS at Connectathon on Monday afternoon.

  - FAST '09 BOF

    The BOF on Wednesday night. 

    This could be an opportunity to gage interest in replication and 
    migration. This topic has been discussed in the working group 
    before. At that time, there was some hope that NDMP could be 
    used for the basis of a replication product but this did not 
    materialize. 

    James and Dan will share the slides with everyone once they 
    are a bit more polished.

  - SNIA 2009 SDC

    This would be a good venue for a FedFS presentation.

+ Final NSDB Protocol Document Feedback

  Dan noted that the copyright and license text on the code sample 
  is unusual for an IETF document. There is precedent for including 
  copyright and license text in a document. RFC 4122 (the UUID 
  document) does this, although the document is from '05 (policies 
  may have changed since then) and the exact license is different. 
  RFC 4122 is standards track.

  Q. Could we provide a URL for the licenses instead of the actual 
     text of the licenses?
  A. No, lawyers do not like that because the contents of the URL 
     can change.

  In the short term, nobody could think of a reason to delay 
  re-publishing the document.

  [AI] James Lentini will investigate if including a copyright and 
       license on code is acceptable

+ Admin Document Review

  The current plan is to update the IANA considerations, security 
  considerations, and junction key text.

  The goal is to have a new version ready for the week of 3/2 so 
  the IETF version can be updated before 3/9 (the cutoff date 
  for -01+ drafts).